Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Best of luck" slash "How was your examino?" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Started yesterday, had 2 MCQs towards the finals, went mnih. Clinical oral tomorrow, really not looking forward to it :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

fatal wrote:
    best of luck to all....I start today...matrices and vectors :(
    SOB
    I remember those days...
    (that means its easy)

I'd Electro Magnetism (oh the joy)-we actually had to study for this one and Chinese ab initio which wasn't bad at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2 exams today...

Networks was shite. But I knew I wasn't going to do well in it, and of the questions I'd prepared only 1 of them came up. Waffled a bit more but I reckon I'll be lucky if I pass.

Japanese stage 2 - not too bad. Spent too long on the reading comprehension, guessed a couple of the kanji readings and got so desperate for vocab in the writing part I ended up saying "Cork people are friendly" as a sentence... (the writing section was "Describe your country to a Japanese friend"). Pretty ok though in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Had my first exam today in Sociology which was Work and Social Stratification.It was grand had two essays to do in two hours so wrote three pages per essay.

I've got an exam in Individuals and State tomorrow (Thursday) at 6pm.Then another on Saturday at 6pm which is Sociological Theory 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Had electrotherapy practical today. Patient with an acute injury, ultrasound treatment. Grand job really, 2 down 4 to go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

@Chakar doing the same exams as you. I thought the Sociology one was fairly easy, I did Taylorism and the Marx and Weber question. I'm not looking forward to the Theory test though, the way the exams set is a bit of b*tch for studying, and some of that Critical Theory stuff is headwrecking.
    Any chance your doing Power, Discourse and Political Action for politics?

@Chakar doing the same exams as you. I thought the Sociology one was fairly easy, I did Taylorism and the Marx and Weber question. I'm not looking forward to the Theory test though, the way the exams set is a bit of b*tch for studying, and some of that Critical Theory stuff is headwrecking.
    Any chance your doing Power, Discourse and Political Action for politics?

Yeah I do nearly all of the modules for Politics and Sociology.I did Taylorism and Marx and Weber too! How many pages did you do Cannibal Ox? I did nearly three pages for each of the two questions.It was easy enough yeah.

The theory exam on Saturday yeah I've covered functionalism, Marx obviously and theory of communicative action.Still have to read critical theory and symbolism interactionism.

I'm doing Power and Discourse haven't done much reading tbh still have to do eight readings but I'm hoping to do the readings before the exam next week its quite interesting anyway so that makes it easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Film viewing = pants.

Completely biased towards half the class.

Where were the skull images???

Opinion of all the class = school equal meanies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

less than 2 hours til Marketing..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Good luck to everybody doing exams! I kind of miss having to do exams, but I do not miss the studying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Meh....

well, it all started out rather badly...the traffic was terrible and I lost €20 at some point between Tescos and my car....it took me 25 minutes to get from Fosters' Avenue, down the N11 to the turn off for Ballsbridge, and the girl behind me clearly had notes propped on her steering wheel and kept braking at the last second, making me think she was going to plough into me, silly girl.. (come on, it's not like I couldn't have done with being familiar with my notes too, but stop tryin' to kill people!).

Anyway...after all that...and parking being a joke...both the International Relations and Medicine and Modern Life history papers were utterly predictable. YAY! \o/. Mind you it would've been nice to be not-sick. It was incredibly frustrating to have ideas in my head that I was struggling to get down on paper cos my head was a giant mess of sinusy cloudiness and my chest infection was all yuck, but sure hey, it's over!

Free 'til Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Databases wasn't really half as bad as I was expecting it to be. Very similar to other years (at which I was fairly bad doing) but I got into the exam and everything just seemed to click, so hooray :D

Got Intermediate Microecon tomorrow morning at 11, and Discrete Maths at 6. Boooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Agghhhh, Hulla! I'm so gutted for you, every students nightmare. Like doing both parts of an 'or' question. Ugh, so gutting. Hopefully you'll Ace the other 4questions.

On a side note, got the results of exams I sat in October (much harder than namby-pamby finals).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Had last exam today, long case/clinical oral. Went well, had good patient who didn't waffle too much, examiners were pretty decent (including Hugh Brady's wife!) so can't complain. Off to have my first proper night out in about a month tonight, sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Cultural Geography was a big MEH but I think I'll pass it. The expected questions appeared but were worded and presented quite differently which threw me off and affected my strategy. The first question I did was absolute **** but I saved my ass with the second question. This was my first proper essay style exam in a year and half so I felt really rusty when it came writing my answers and it certainly showed in my first question. I've really got to do address this by the Summer exams.

All over on Monday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Marketing wasn't too bad. Wasn't too bad at all at all wah.

Maybe I'm in A town for it, but it'll probably be B stuff. It's outta the way at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Medical Law on Monday was grand, squeezing 4 essays in 2 hours is sick and wrong though! Business one tomorrow afternoon I have to learn my four essays for, then the big one on Friday, equity, which I have to learn everything for, and another business one on Saturday, wait for it...that I have to learn everything for!

Aside: Hulla, sorry to hear about your mishap. Knowing you and your flowery vocabulary, your first 4 answers will bag you a good mark regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

1) Hulla, that sucks. I feel sorry for you. They're your finals and everything. If all the questions were weighed equally then your're down 20% already, so you will pretty much have to do perfectly in the other four questions to get a 2:1. That really sucks.

2) Statistics, I think I passed it. Don't ask anything more. Don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

1) Hulla, that sucks. I feel sorry for you. They're your finals and everything. If all the questions were weighed equally then your're down 20% already, so you will pretty much have to do perfectly in the other four questions to get a 2:1. That really sucks.

You're really, really bad at making people feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

For once Sangre I totally agree with you.

And Hulla if you did perfect answers for the others you'll still get a very good mark. And you've plenty of other exams to help bring you up. Chin up and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Plus you're really smart, handsome, funny and witty and a really jolly bloke (like Santa) so if you want to drop out now and become a strip-o-gram, I'm sure you'll be more then able to

Or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Chakar wrote:
    How many pages did you do Cannibal Ox?
    I did about 5-6 for each of them, but it was a bit waffly for a page or two tbh. I forgot the proper names for Taylor's three principles, and I spent a page trying to describe each of them :D
    But yeah, reckoned I passed it which is the main thing.
    Chakar wrote:
    The theory exam on Saturday yeah I've covered functionalism, Marx obviously and theory of communicative action.Still have to read critical theory and symbolism interactionism.
    That's what I hate about it! You have to cover everything, where as for something like Work & Stratification you're able to pick a handful of topics and know them really well. (I know that's a stupid reason...but still...;) )

I'm really not looking forward to the Discourse exam. I find some of the Foucault stuff a little difficult to explain, I can understand it in a round about way but putting it on paper is a little more difficult. There's no past papers for it is there?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

besty wrote:
    Aside: Hulla, sorry to hear about your mishap. Knowing you and your flowery vocabulary, your first 4 answers will bag you a good mark regardless.
    Indisputably.

Cheers for the chin-ups! I think [strike]Firespinner[/strike] T_M was even trying to be nice in his own way, so kudos!

gubbie wrote:
    Plus you're really smart
    Hmm, surely making the mistake in the first place speaks to the untruth in that statement. :P Thanks though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

criminal procedure yesterday went ok. One down, two to go!

I did about 5-6 for each of them, but it was a bit waffly for a page or two tbh. I forgot the proper names for Taylor's three principles, and I spent a page trying to describe each of them :D
    But yeah, reckoned I passed it which is the main thing.

Yeah thats the main thing.I hope I got a good pass too.

That's what I hate about it! You have to cover everything, where as for something like Work & Stratification you're able to pick a handful of topics and know them really well. (I know that's a stupid reason...but still...;) )

Actually that is a good reason.
    I'm really not looking forward to the Discourse exam. I find some of the Foucault stuff a little difficult to explain, I can understand it in a round about way but putting it on paper is a little more difficult. There's no past papers for it is there?

Yeah there are its in Course Documents on Blackboard.Mr Kennedy put them up there.I'm not looking forward to it either still got a load of reading to do! But if I concentrate on Habermas and Foucault I should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Biomechanics this morning. Put simply it was fcukin poo, but I did well in the continuous assessment + already had enough for pass by compensation, so I should have managed to get enough marks to pass it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

criminal procedure yesterday went ok. One down, two to go!

Ah glad you got on ok. I thought it was pretty ok too, but not quite "good" if you get me. I blanked on alot of the case names but I think I got most of the facts down ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

I'm dying a slow and not so silent death in Quinn....the screams you can hear are mine. Haven't started mine yet and feel like I never will.

Oh and I'm calling them tests. Tests are the new exams.
    *screams*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Intermediate Micro was a nice, fair exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

:o I was trying to show how fully I appreciated Hulla's situation.
    If it helps, in my midterm stats test, I forgot to turn over the page and thus missed 6 questions.

EDIT: Waltons, stop saying that it was easy, it wasn't! Section B was horrible, just horrible.

Advertisement