Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Best of luck" slash "How was your examino?" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I'm dying a slow and not so silent death in Quinn....the screams you can hear are mine. Haven't started mine yet and feel like I never will.
    Whoa, easy girl...

Incidentally, at the risk of indulging Sangre, how did your FE1s turn out?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Studying in the 3rd year lab now - and I'm having one of those days when the entire internet is SO much more interesting than what I'm supposed to be studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

yo hull, not to worry about the exam. i'm trying to figure out which one it was that you had.........if u ace the 4 questions you'll do amazing (no doubt you will). dont be worried. i on the other thought i had things all set for equity and then when i try to recall any cases, rules etc i end up quoting employment law cases. whats the deal with that???? ugggggggghhhhhhhhhh i'm so scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Radiography 3: External Examiner obviously got his grubby little hands on our paper and cut a question so instead of 7 to do 4 we had 6 to do 4 - as a result some people had a bit of maths panic.

Other than that it was fine although two paeds questions and no angio was a bit mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I'm dying a slow and not so silent death in Quinn....the screams you can hear are mine. Haven't started mine yet and feel like I never will.

Oh and I'm calling them tests. Tests are the new exams.
    *screams*

Here now you, calm down! I'll owe ya a hug for whenever I see ya, but seriously, you'll be grand. ;)

Aside:

forgot to mention yesterday, when are they ever going to tell that guy to take the microphone out of his tonsils?? 3 years of the RDS and I've never understood a bloody word out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Just did my Musicology exam there today. Fierce uncomfortable seating arrangements. Damn tables are too high.. and I'm a very tall guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Oh and I'm calling them tests. Tests are the new exams.
    *screams*

Or you could call them assessments. I once had a teacher who said we should look forward to them, though this was a man who told that to a class of repeat students before our 2nd LC.....:confused:

Anyway, chill + if u need a de-stress massage, well I'm finished on Mon so ask me then ;)

Oh yeah anyone down in the RDS today for the 3 o'clock exam session and hear Mr Head examiner guy being so cranky?

And what's with the no highlighting the exam paper thing? I mean are they trying to kill me???? I like to highlight keywords in the questions and apparently if we did it our papers would be taken off us and we'd be thrown out.

Oh yeah anyone down in the RDS today for the 3 o'clock exam session and hear Mr Head examiner guy being so cranky?

And what's with the no highlighting the exam paper thing? I mean are they trying to kill me???? I like to highlight keywords in the questions and apparently if we did it our papers would be taken off us and we'd be thrown out.

Probably something to stop cheating in MCQs, but they must be being all strict + banning them full stop. A bit needless given the amount of invigilators they have.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Fantastico! I compacted down all my equity notes into one slim volume.

Not fantastico: it's 25,000 words long. 70 pages of pure headache to keep me up all night.

How the fnck is it already 21.50?

XchampagneX, you have all of this to look forward to! I'm outta here in 5 months!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

He did seem more so than usual.

Finance is not fun.

Yeah he was definately more cranky than usual today. I was none too impressed.

'Please put your table number on the top of you impax sheet'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Whoa, easy girl...

Incidentally, at the risk of indulging Sangre, how did your FE1s turn out?
    Well...since you asked!

Lets just say I've maintained my record of never failing an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Myself and Hullaballoo have already been in correspondance as to how collectively fooked we are for tomorrow. I will report back with the damage. Incidentally, if you look at the paper and get up and walk out without giving your details to anyone, does it go down as a fail? As you can see, I'm full of confidence for tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Seriously, its only an exam! Stressing is just a waste of energy, just go to bed and be well slept for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Haha yeah he was all aggro!

I had Finance - its probably the worst paper for Commerce peeps but if you knew your sh1t it was pretty fair. Definitely have it passed anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

u'll be surprised with finance. i got a first and honestly dont know how i managed it. i thought i got just over 50%. he's a great marker! as for equity today? felt a bit like crying when i came out but i'm so tired all i cud worry about is employment tomorrow. oh the fear!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Why did i do a second year course with an exam? What was i thinking?!?
    Stupid modern architecture tommorrow and i still know next to nothing. I can't believe i had 2 weeks to study and did nothing. Argh....
    "Finals" make me sad.
    What happens if i fail a second year course when i'm in third year anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I don't think my exam could have gone worse than it did. I totally froze up, freaked out and it was a load of arse. The worst thing is it was actually a lovely paper and I know I could have gotten on really well if I hadn't balls it up so much.

Exercise Science written paper was simple enough. A bit wierd thou, it was was very similar to our practical exam, so much so that one of the case scenarios was THE EXACT SAME as in our practical, save for the 19 year old female hockey player with a one-week old lateral ligament sprain, was now 20!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I did Individuals and State yesterday I think I did okay but it was fairly hard paper.Did anyone do that exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Discrete Maths last night was very fair. Didn't do superbly, but I should've put some more effort into studying, rather the couple of hours before the exam...
    Happy enough though, as I got 81% in each of the 2 assignments, meaning I'm already on 32.4% out of 40%! Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Equity yesterday: Got seriously lucky with the topics that came up. Didn't do great but considering I was convinced I was going to fail it this time last night I can't complain.

** I just realised that I posted saying equity yesterday, IT WAS THIS MORNING! That goes to show what staying in college all day will do to you...**

Equipment - despite one less question to be answered at the last minute was dodge out - weird question wording and far too little time to complete the exam everyone was really really writing to the very end and then some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Font22 wrote:
    u'll be surprised with finance. i got a first and honestly dont know how i managed it. i thought i got just over 50%. he's a great marker! as for equity today? felt a bit like crying when i came out but i'm so tired all i cud worry about is employment tomorrow. oh the fear!!!!

Oh cool! That's great news!

I had Financial Accounting 2 today... it was like pulling teeth but I got my hustle on and did it. Thank God for continuous assessment.. I had 23.2% before I went into the exam and I'd say that'll be just enough to help me pass. And then I will never do Accounting ever ever ever again. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Rod Gow is a complete legend :)
    Maths IV for Engineers... just lovely paper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Exams so far:

Marketing - very nice
    Finance - very easy

Revenue law - made a complete **** up of it, shíte exam

2 more to go:

planning law
    ops management

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Hmm, let me know what books you need in second semester cos chances are I have a few

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

C++ practical exam this morning... 3 hours just wasn't long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Chakar wrote:
    I did Individuals and State yesterday I think I did okay but it was fairly hard paper.Did anyone do that exam?
    Did it, and I thought it was hard enough as well. I got my two questions done (republican freedom & hobbes's common power), but there wasn't much other choice. Cheers for pointing out the Power & Discourse papers btw, I was pretty lost without them.

Advertisement