Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Best of luck" slash "How was your examino?" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Ballerina wrote:
    i DETEST everyone that is finished their exams!iv got TWO more left :(

i think im dead inside...
    Me too.. roll on Wednesday is all I can say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I have Elements of Tonal Harmony tomorrow and I am completely screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I have business law tomorrow and will be covering the whole course, for the first time, between 10am and 3:30pm.

Note to self: Next semester prepare better (i.e. do any preparation whatsoever)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I DON'T FINISH TIL THURSDAY. And I've got 2 exams left. Its poo

Pretty sure I passes circuits-gotta thank some postgrads for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

Results should be out 5 working days after the first meeting of the "school board" (cant think of the name) in the new term. Varies by school, basically your results might be ready for a long time just waiting for the rubber stamp

Seeing as my neighbour whos a lecturer has to have all his exams corrected and handed in by the 8th of January I think your point might be very very true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got my very worst exam tomorrow - Foundations of Computing, how much do I loathe thee! I'll be finished on Wednesday at 11am though when I'm done with the C++ written paper. Can't ****ing wait. I can get back to some serious gaming then - Azeroth and Hyrule are calling!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Finished today. Hadn't a clue what I was doing. Anyone know if I can elect to repeat the exam in May if I did awfully? (I don't think it was THAT bad, but that's not a good sign!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Two more, one tomorrow, one on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

I had my last 1st Sociology today. Have 2 dirty big english essays due and they won't accept them after tomorrow so no Redz for me tonight. However, if you see a tall, hairy drunk fella in the Traps from 3:10pm onwards tomorrow then say hi :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Done and done. I didn't get completely poleaxed up the proverbial but it was still a fairly crap harmony exam, as all of them are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ra ra ra im finished!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I love being finished. And my last exam that should have been completely disastrous actually turned out pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think everyone who's finished should be banned from posting here now. Its making me feel depressed :( Its bad enough that I glued my fingers together

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

gubbie wrote:
    I think everyone who's finished should be banned from posting here now. Its making me feel depressed :( Its bad enough that I glued my fingers together
    Then get off boards and go back to studying*

One more exam to go, tomorrow at 5 it's all over.

*Yes I'm aware of the irony of telling someone to go study when I should be studying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Im tech = better than equipment but still not good - a hour just wasn't enough time to do myself justice - even an extra 15 minutes would have helped.

4 down 1 to go. Mechanisms of Disease Thursday at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Blush_01 wrote:
    Hadn't a clue what I was doing. Anyone know if I can elect to repeat the exam in May if I did awfully? (I don't think it was THAT bad, but that's not a good sign!)
    afaik if you repeat an exam you can't get better then a D-. So I dunno if it would actually be worth putting yourself through it again for that.

Failed Art history yesterday, seven questions out of 12 or so topics, and I did the five topics that didn't come up...hmm...clever me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hey Cannibal Ox i wrote some unbelieveable nonsense and i still passed in first and second year AH. They're pretty good about marking so if it was a bit iffy don't worry too much.

Unless it was really bad, in which case i sympathise cos i've been there with English. Such bad memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Whoo hoo I had a exam on Saturday, Sociological Theory 2 and that exam went well along with the two I had today in Comparative Politics and Politics of the European Union which were SO easy because I knew my stuff.

I'm finally finished on Thursday with one last exam.. in Power, Discourse and Political Action.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Finished tomorrow at 2 with Receptor Mediated Cell Signalling :(

A recap:
    Genetics: Should Pass
    Cell Biology: Doubtful
    Pharm Neurodegenerative Diseases: Pass
    Biostats: Pass
    Pharm: Chemotherapeutic Agents: Failed
    BMOL lab test: largely irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Finished on Thursday aswell. Chem tomorrow and forrestry on Thursday (easy!).
    No one I know has exams or college at the mo'. It's quite frustrating. I wanna party now! :p

• Advertisement

Trying to study for my last one at the moment... but it's REALLY hard! Because I just got my shiny new Macbook Pro *\o/*
    I've got my notebook between my 2 Macs right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Business Law went surprisingly well. Have a B for definite.. maybe an A if the lovely Ruth Cannon is in the mood

Tomorrow... one more exam.. ONE MORE EXAM. Operations and Supply Chain Management and I already have a huge portion of the Continous Assessment which should make life a lot easier for me.

I can finally stop sitting in the library contemplating how boring life is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

18AD wrote:
    No one I know has exams or college at the mo'. It's quite frustrating. I wanna party now! :p

Oh the pain..

Umaro wrote:
    Business Law went surprisingly well. Have a B for definite.. maybe an A if the lovely Ruth Cannon is in the mood

I liked it too. Suffered from my usual case name forgetting, but what the hell.

Opps, not going to be as much fun. 4 hours before the exam, I'm on section 3 of 12. I don't have lots of continious as I missed one of the tests. This should be fun...

/end complaints
    I'm in ur RDS, failin ur exams!

I like.

Enjoy your return to WOW on your shiney new Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I've got my notebook between my 2 Macs right now...
    Hehe, notebook between two Macs. :cool:

Anyway, to all those who haven't finished them, chin up, it'll all be over by tomorrow evening if not sooner. Hang in there.

I'M FINISHED!!! :D

Now to go home and sleep! I only had 2 hours sleep last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Hey Cannibal Ox i wrote some unbelieveable nonsense and i still passed in first and second year AH. They're pretty good about marking so if it was a bit iffy don't worry too much
    It was really bad. I answered one question on 'the three modes of expression in Surrealism' with 'three' artists. I had no idea what the modes were, and wrote a two and a half page essay using Dali and that guy who did "This is not a pipe" (I still don't know his name) on something that I didn't know. In my other essay, I was supposed to write on three artists out of six for their technique and socio-political time, I wrote on two artists (Ballagh and Pollock) and what I wrote was pretty woeful.

Never mind, I'm not too pissed about it because...well...it's over with now...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

FINISHED... at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Thank fúck I finished these exams, bent S+M, can look forward to xmas now!

shít all sleep in over 60 hours isnt nice!

• Advertisement

Finished!

Opps & DSS went well. Somehow my elective is always my last exam...

Advertisement