Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing and Vrt Question(S)

Options
  • 11-12-2006 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey guys I am about to buy a car from ibcjapan. Anyone have any dealings with this group. Are they trustworthy? Also the car I am planning to important is a 98 Toyota altezza. The Vrt on it atm is 2000euro, by the time the car is in around Febuary next year will the Vrt be cheaper because its gone into a new year?

Also anyone know how much a 98 Altezza would be worth? I reckon around 10k for a clean example. Am I way off. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Make sure you factor in VAT as the car is coming outside the EU you will be liable for this and the VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Aye I know, there is a lot of taxes to pay. Have imported one before. Vrt, Release fees, Customs Clearances, duty & exercises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Rags wrote:
    Aye I know, there is a lot of taxes to pay. Have imported one before. Vrt, Release fees, Customs Clearances, duty & exercises.
    Who did you buy from before? How much is the toyota in japan and what will it cost you in ireland.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Bought from trust company. Japanesevehicles.com. They seem ok. The toyota is 4000 CIF. Will cost me about 8000 all in all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Rags wrote:
    Bought from trust company. Japanesevehicles.com. They seem ok. The toyota is 4000 CIF. Will cost me about 8000 all in all though.

That seems alrigh,looking at carzone there between 9-18k. thats a huge price difference. I was looking at importing a dc5 to use for a month or 2 and sell it on but i still donot know if its worth while.what do you think. Would you have any links to nice cheap dc5's:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement