Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas present: how much?

Options
  • 11-12-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I've been seeing a girl from college for a few months now we're not officially a couple yet but i plan on asking her soon. She's hinted that she's getting me something & thats she's looking for something but i've no idea how much to spend on her?

Money's not a big issue but i dont want to seem too keen buying an expensive gift or cheap with a crap one.

PS: I'm crap at buying presents! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Listen to her more. Find out what she likes without coming right out and asking her. Go shopping* with her and watch what she goes to first when entering a store.

*I know, most of you lads would rather die than shop, but put on a smiley face and think you're Secret Agent Man on a mission, gathering intelligence on your g/f to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I did & she was looking at a necklace that wasnt too dear which was grand, went back the next day & it was gone :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Does she like to be pampered? Day in a salon or spa, something like that maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

dceire wrote:
    I did & she was looking at a necklace that wasnt too dear which was grand, went back the next day & it was gone :eek:
    Ask in the shop. If they have one in, they'll surely be able to get another in.

the_syco wrote:
    Ask in the shop. If they have one in, they'll surely be able to get another in.
    Yea but all that **** looks the same to me man i'vw no clue how to describe it, cant even remember it really just know where it was & that's a while ago now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

*I know, most of you lads would rather die than shop, but put on a smiley face and think you're Secret Agent Man on a mission, gathering intelligence on your g/f to be.
    Makes note to do this next time. Will not my sniggering and camcorder give me away?

OP, you could ask her best friend. She would know what this girl likes.
    Note, do not mention price, just say you want to get her some nice necklace, and what should you get and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

There is a strong chance that she has already dropped hints. We guys are a bit slow in this department.
    Ask her friends, she definitly will have told them what she would like.

biko wrote:
    Makes note to do this next time. Will not my sniggering and camcorder give me away?
    Thats a great idea, i could get one of those mini cameras in a pair of glasses & a microscopic recorder to record all shopping conversations :rolleyes:

Advertisement