Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Cinemas in Dublin

Options
  • 11-12-2006 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I know most cinemas have "early-bird" type specials for matinees; I suppose I'm just really trying to get a thread where we have a handy reference of cinemas around the city, so we can compare their prices! I've looked on various websites and haven't been able to find anything comprehensive.

Offhand, I think that Cineworld in Parnell Street charges €4 or €5 for any film before 1pm.

Any help?

Comments

Movies@Dundrum is €5 pre 1pm.

On Saturdays and Sundays they have Kids Club, which is great value, get your ticket, popcorn and drink for €4/€5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

They show films for free in Pravda on a monday night... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Santry appears to be the only omniplex in Dublin. €5.50 per person when you book it online. I don't think there is any limit on the time of the day.

http://www.omniplex.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Santry appears to be the only omniplex in Dublin. €5.50 per person when you book it online. I don't think there is any limit on the time of the day.

http://www.omniplex.ie/

Yeah, ther'e no time limit, Savoy does it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

vibrant wrote:
    I know most cinemas have "early-bird" type specials for matinees; I suppose I'm just really trying to get a thread where we have a handy reference of cinemas around the city, so we can compare their prices! I've looked on various websites and haven't been able to find anything comprehensive.

Offhand, I think that Cineworld in Parnell Street charges €4 or €5 for any film before 1pm.

Any help?

You can get a monthly ticket for the one in Parnell Street for about €17 per month (paid by standing order). This entitles you to go to any movie at any time (unlimited usage) and they will also invite you to screenings/previews,etc from time to time. Only thing is that you must sign up for a minimum of 1 year. You can stay in there all all day if you want, it's very good value if you are into the flicks.

Here ya go matey: http://www.ugc.ie/AffichePage.jgi?ALIAS=cartesugc/5a

Also useable in all the UK cinemas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Franzo

IMC in dun laoghaire is good on price, prob not THE cheapest compared to the ormonde but still good 7 for adults before 6pm and 9 after 5.5 for kids 6 for students every day and 4 on a tues, best thing is that they do the cheap adult price of 7 every day inc. weekends . .

jeusss . . . i sound like their marketing crowd. web site cool good for competitions and games

cineworld is also a nice cinema but a little dear if you dont have one of those cards, dont like dundrum at all . . . way toooooo gaudy (is that a word?) and also very dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

wyndham wrote:
    You can get a monthly ticket for the one in Parnell Street for about €17 per month (paid by standing order). This entitles you to go to any movie at any time (unlimited usage) and they will also invite you to screenings/previews,etc from time to time. Only thing is that you must sign up for a minimum of 1 year. You can stay in there all all day if you want, it's very good value if you are into the flicks.

Here ya go matey: http://www.ugc.ie/AffichePage.jgi?ALIAS=cartesugc/5a

Also useable in all the UK cinemas.

I'll recommed these cards also.
    I'm making great use of mine.
    All you have to do is go to two peak time films and you've already made your money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Not officially in Dublin, but Bray cinema charges €5 if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

micmclo wrote:
    All you have to do is go to two peak time films and you've already made your money back

Sounds great - but do you have to q up to pay for your ticket at peak times, or can you book em online? I just ask because I went in there one Friday night and the Q was practically out the door. We usually try to book GAGA seats (Oh, how I love my GAGA seats... ;) ) online for Fridays now, and print them out at the machine when we arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ye should all go to cineworld and help pay mywages ;)

and we keep it all clean:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement