Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting eircom ,best procedure?

Options
  • 11-12-2006 10:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sick and tired of eircom and thinking of switching to digiweb DSL.
    Basically i only have the choice of eircom,BT,Digiweb and imagine in my town.
    I really dont want any down time without broadband so what is the less painfull procedure to quit eircom and get another provider?
    Do i cancel eircom now or just order from new isp first and then cancel eircom?
    I have heard stories of eircom stalling in freeing up ones line after they quit,is this the case?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dcully wrote:
    Sick and tired of eircom and thinking of switching to digiweb DSL.
    Basically i only have the choice of eircom,BT,Digiweb and imagine in my town.
    I really dont want any down time without broadband so what is the less painfull procedure to quit eircom and get another provider?
    Do i cancel eircom now or just order from new isp first and then cancel eircom?
    I have heard stories of eircom stalling in freeing up ones line after they quit,is this the case?
    Thanks in advance.

Why are you sick of Eircom? If you are having line/signal problems the chances are that wont change by going to another dsl provider.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52480677&postcount=11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You get a "Bitstream Transfer Form" off Digiweb or whoever , fill it in and send it to them. Downtime should be minimal

Advertisement