Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Question

• 11-12-2006 11:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy
    My son got a loan of a PS2 today from one of his mates, and while it happily plays my sons old PS one games, it wont play any of the PS2 ones.
    Anyone ever come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its pretty common, the PS2 is notorious for the laser in the drive failing. The PS1 games are on CD and are easier for the laser to read, nothing you can do without either taking it apart or sending it into Sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

laser is burned out i'm afraid, by the sounds of it. you'll either need a replacement or just get a new one (mate of mine did that because it was worth it for a bundle, ps2 + some games, since the thing is cheap these days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Guys
    thanks a lot for your help. Might need a few beers to steady my hand before I attempt pulling the unit apart!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

j4vier wrote:

Hey
    just wanted to say thaks for the help again - I pulled the unit apart yesterday as per instructions in the link and adjusted the lens. I now have blue&purple PS2 games working as well as the black PS games. Still no joy on the normal silver PS2 games or DVDs, but its better than it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement