Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dec 10th Animal Rights Rally

Options
  • 12-12-2006 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Did anyone go to this? It was awesome with over 200 people attending.
    We marched from Parnell Square down O'connel street and past Trinity College, I think. I got kinda lost a bit.
    I had my photo taken at it and was put in the Irish Times, and other newspapers had other photos and interviews and stuff.
    It was a wonderful day, and those who didn't go, if you care about animals, go to the next one.
    You'll find details at [mod-edit] of the next rally/event.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Rei-chan wrote:
    ... if you care about animals, go to the next one.

There are many animal lovers who find the methods your organization uses to get your point across extreme and unnecessarily shocking.

For that reason I have removed the link you placed.
    I have no problem with an animal rights / welfare organization's websites being linked to from here, but I'm afraid I draw the line at your organization and PETA.

Not because I don't believe in animal rights (quite the contrary in fact!), but rather I find your methods offensive and unsuitable for this public forum.

FnF

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Uhm...What?
    A parade is "extreme and unnecessarily shocking."
    So like...St. Patricks day parade and the Gay Righs parades are extreme and shocking?
    It's not as if we're throwing paint over someone's fur coat or a shop, or blowing up a lab.

I was referring to the organisation you linked to, who organised the rally.
    Not to mention your implication that anyone who really cares about animals attend their events.
    Talk about the rally you were at by all means, but do not link to, or try to advertise that organisation on this board.
    Doing so again will result in an immediate ban, quite possibly a site-ban.

FnF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Surely this should be in politics ?

Agreed.
    Anyone who wants to discuss this issue further start a thread there.
    Otherwise, lets let it be.

FnF

• Advertisement
Advertisement