Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your 21st!

Options
  • 12-12-2006 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I've been thinking about what I'm going to do for my 21st! Feel I need to celebrate staying alive this long with a bit of a bang. Problem is all my friends are in Dublin, where I go to college, and all my family and neighbours are at home, on the otherside of the country. Add in the fact that my birthday is at Christmas, and nobody's going to want to travel down to Galway for it! So I can't bring all my friends to Galway, and can't bring all my family n neighbours here.....Grrrr! Might just f**k it all and head away with a few of em!

So....what did you do for your 21st??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I had planned on a 21st, planned it for months tbh but as it came closer I just decided on a house party with the lads, turned out to be better craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Go out with your mates in dublin or plan a weekend away then go home and have a meal out with your family

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Instead of wasting money on a sh1tty venue that has to close at 2.30 with cheesy predictable 21st music, you should put your money into getting a few buses organised to bring all your friends to a central location, outdoors and have a friend DJ, bonfires and general crazyness!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Outdoors at christmas......won't work, I just have to look out the window at rain n I get a cold!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved 'ere, redirect in AH.
    Make it somewhere central so no one will feel that they are put out too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I spent my 21st very hungover watching the gay pride parade in Cologne. I highly recommend it.

*Roisin* wrote:
    Outdoors at christmas......won't work, I just have to look out the window at rain n I get a cold!! :)

Of course it will work, supply woolly jumpers and gloves and you'll be fine. Or have it in a forest sheltered by trees and make a big camp with tents and stuff, or a little forest village.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Post out rainmacs with the invitations!!

I know I'd much prefer to get a rain-mac with a printed invite on them to some mad forest, winter open door party than an rsvp request to another 21st in the same nightclub with the same dj and same music. You know you want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Can you not have two nights out?

Drinks with all your college friends and then do the same with everyone in Galway. Double the fun and you get two nights of free drink. Can't go wrong there.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote:
    Make it somewhere central so no one will feel that they are put out too much.

Athlone is a great suggestion.

Seriously though, my girlfriend arranged a surprise 21st for me (it was a few weeks later - I was heavily bogged down in work on my actual birthday) so no help here.

Why can't your mates head over to Galweh? It's only a couple of hours on a train/bus, and cheap enough for students. Plus they're students and will probably jump at the opportunity of a piss-up...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

My 21st was on the 27th of this month. I had people from all over the county up to mine. Had a rake to drink then headed to the local night club. Then back to mine for some more. Most people I asked came but I wasnt pushed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

kearnsr wrote:
    My 21st was on the 27th of this month. I had people from all over the county up to mine. Had a rake to drink then headed to the local night club. Then back to mine for some more. Most people I asked came but I wasnt pushed at all.
    in the future?
    how do you know how it turned out :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

my birthday is on the 27th too...sh1tty dat i can tell you - 'joint gifts' are the bain of my life.

delay it for a while and get em all down to galway, rent a house and have a p1ss up

Advertisement