Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eyebrow bar ripped out

Options
  • 12-12-2006 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

some c*nt ripped my eyebrow bar out over the weekend. i didnt even notice it to be honest - it didnt hurt at all!! alcohol numbed the pain probably. anyways i bought a new bar today and have just tried to put it back in. the problem is that there is only a dirty big scar in my eyebrow now. so ive got 2 questions to ask.

1) will this scar my face for life??

2) if not, will it be possible to put my new bar in once a bit of skin has grown back over?? if that is so, how long do you think this might take.

i have the piercing done since august by the way. any help much appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

1) Go see your GP and ask advice.
    2) See 1)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

BreadBoard wrote:
    1) Go see your GP and ask advice.
    2) See 1)

:)

cant really afford one at the moment with it being christmas and all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

one trip to doctor < one night on the booze

you need to go back to soaking it daily, and treating it as a new piercing. No poking it, no trying to get jewellery back into it.
    When it's fully healed, have a chat with a good piercer to see if and when they'd advise having it redone.
    Whether or not it will leave a dirty big scar depends entirely on how easily you scar and heal, how bad the rip is, and how well you look after it as its repairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

If it got ripped out its all over for it. Yes you will have the scar for live, though it can be lessened with daily vitamin E cream, cocoa butter and silicone patches
    speak to your pharmacist for the above. You won't be able to just put the bar back in but you'll be able to get it repeirced after its healed.

Advertisement