Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football

• 12-12-2006 9:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know why Diouf is suspended for 2 games? He has only built up 4 yellow cards?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Lex Luthor wrote:
    anyone know why Diouf is suspended for 2 games? He has only built up 4 yellow cards?
    They've probably included the yellow card he gets next Saurday against Villa for spitting(whilst diving). Just trying to get ahead of themselves what with the Christmas rush coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pighead wrote:
    They've probably included the yellow card he gets next Saurday against Villa for spitting(whilst diving). Just trying to get ahead of themselves what with the Christmas rush coming up.

:D
    you really are into your future/past thingimybob stuff today pighead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

He has a 1 game ban, misses the trip to Villa, as he got his 5th booking against West ham

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists/
    http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists/PendingPlayers.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

wardie wrote:
    He has a 1 game ban, misses the trip to Villa, as he got his 5th booking against West ham

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists/
    http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists/PendingPlayers.htm
    He's down on the FF as only having 4 yellows (Fulham/Charlton/Newcastle/West Ham). Where was the 5th?

found this on Bolton Site

"The Senegalese international has picked up cautions in four other games prior to Saturday's match against the Hammers. Diouf was booked against Charlton away, Fulham away, Newcastle at St James Park and Manchester United at the Reebok Stadium last month"
    Lex Luthor wrote:
    He's down on the FF as only having 4 yellows (Fulham/Charlton/Newcastle/West Ham). Where was the 5th?

• Advertisement

wardie wrote:
    found this on Bolton Site

"The Senegalese international has picked up cautions in four other games prior to Saturday's match against the Hammers. Diouf was booked against Charlton away, Fulham away, Newcastle at St James Park and Manchester United at the Reebok Stadium last month"
    The FF site must have missed that but I checked Sky Sports and the match report for that game against Man U has no record of Dioufs yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bolton 0-4
    (HT 0-2) Man Utd
    Rooney 10
    Rooney 16
    Ronaldo 82
    Rooney 89

Bookings:
    Davies 53
    Ben Haim 87

Bookings:
    Scholes 77
    O'Shea 84

BBC says he's innocent too. You've been robbed Lex!

Pighead wrote:
    Bolton 0-4
    (HT 0-2) Man Utd
    Rooney 10
    Rooney 16
    Ronaldo 82
    Rooney 89

Bookings:
    Davies 53
    Ben Haim 87

Bookings:
    Scholes 77
    O'Shea 84

BBC says he's innocent too. You've been robbed Lex!

Fookers....so now how do I contact them to let them know they've made a mistake. I need him in for the next game as I've nose dived the last few weeks and taken a right hammering in my standings.

Can't see any contact details on the site?????????

Dont know what happened but there is a full article on Bolton site with Diouf saying how dissapointed he is suspended.

Strange one

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,1004~941048,00.html
    AFTER picking up his fifth booking of the season in Wanderers 4-0 thumping of West Ham United at the weekend, El Hadji Diouf will now miss next Saturday's Barclays Premiership match against Aston Villa at Villa Park.

The Senegalese international has picked up cautions in four other games prior to Saturday's match against the Hammers. Diouf was booked against Charlton away, Fulham away, Newcastle at St James Park and Manchester United at the Reebok Stadium last month.

Diouf was at his imperious best against Alan Pardew's side at the weekend, teasing the Hammers defence with his forceful runs in the final third. His all-round effort and ability was summed in Wanderers' third goal of the night, when Diouf beat three Hammers defenders on a mazey run down the left hand flank before audaciously toe-poking his shot past a hapless Hammers 'keeper Robert Green.

The 25-year-old forward is playing his best football of his career and is arguably Bolton's form player of the season. He is adored on the Reebok terraces and it will be a great loss for Sam Allardyce as he makes plans without his form striker ahead of the Club's visit to England's second city aiming to make it two successive victories in the league and cementing a place in the top six.

"It is a great shame that Dioufy will miss the game at Villa Park," said Allardyce.

"He has been a revelation this season - scoring goals and creating chances for our other forwards. Suspensions are part of the game and you have to plan ahead in case of any eventuality.

"We will have to cope without him, but he would have caused Martin O'Neill's team a few problems with his direct running."

Diouf is also disappointed to be missing out and the former African Footballer of the Year feels he has let his teammates down.

"We have regained our confidence with the victory over West Ham United and I feel deeply disappointing that I'm going to have to miss out on Saturday against Villa," added Diouf.

"Villa will be an interesting match for us and I feel that I am letting everyone down by missing out. I didn't think I should have been booked against West Ham United. Things happen on the pitch and you have to deal with it. Whoever comes in will do a good job for the team and continue our effort in getting our season back on track........

Advertisement