Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to loving home

Options
  • 12-12-2006 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

My brother is moving to Australia in the new year and he is looking for someone to take his 1yr old male boxer. He has advertised but everyone is looking for either a puppy or a bitch at this time of the year.

The boxers' name is Jake and he really is a lovely dog. I would love to take him but I dont have the space where I live or even a garden for him.

Does anyone know of a boxer rescue or can even point me in the right direction? My brother is going straight after christmas and he is eager to get him settled in a nice home first...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Who's the pug in the first pic? Looks adorable!

Where are you based anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

The pug (Kaiser) is my baby!! He comes with me everywhere (except work :( )! He is getting a bit randy at the moment so I am thinking about getting him the oul "snip snip"! He's able to pin jake down and mount him!! Its hilarious to look at!
    Where are you based anyway?

Sorry should have mentioned that, He is based in North County Dublin. Jake the boxer is IKC regged, microchipped, all vaccinations and boosters up to date.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hi d-redser, I'll ask round about the boxer, he's a fine dog. Can you get pug's in Ireland, are they hard to keep/temperamental etc.. Also, are they very expensive? Thanks.

Thanks for asking around about Jake. I really am going to miss him..

I have always wanted a pug and I was on a waiting list for over a year. I specifically wanted a dog over a bitch and I got in contact with a breeder in Wicklow and got my name on a list. PM me if you are interested and I will pass on the details.

Pugs are so great! They are so like humans sometimes its scary! They sit like humans, they snore so loud sometimes too! They love their comfort and also love going on walks. He nevers gets cranky/grumpy or angry! He "tries" to be a guard dog but ends up licking whoever enters the house to death!

The only bad point about them is their hair. They have two coats and are constanly shedding and your whole house/car & clothes will be covered by it...

They are an expensive breed as they are still a bit rare in Ireland and also as an awful lot of work goes into breeding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

Try posting him on this forum -

ttp://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

• Advertisement

Danes wrote:

Thanks, I just logged on and waiting for my registration to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

I would be interested but i already have a 7yr old male labrador and they would probably not get on.

Danes wrote:

I am still waiting for my account to be activated for this forum!! Very slow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Maybe if your brother got him neutered he might get more responses. And maybe you could give a bit more info on the dog, like his character, is he a good guard dog, is he house trained, his health, his livelyness...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Have you tried Boxer Rescue? They sometimes have homes waiting. PM me for details if you like.

• Advertisement

lightening wrote:
    Maybe you could give a bit more info on the dog, like his character, is he a good guard dog, is he house trained, his health, his livelyness...

Thanks lighening,

He has a lovely personality, he is very good around children and loves the attention that they give him. My niece would sit and play with him for hours - dressing him up in clothes, brushing him down, playing chasing with him etc. He is a lively dog but he always likes his bed!!

Being honest he is not much of a guard dog, he can be afraid of his own shadow at times but he has never been in the situation where he has been threathened...

He will be 1yr old at the end of Dec and he has all his boosters up to date. He has a full health history available too.

Anybody interested?

Egar: PM'ed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Also log on to irishanimals.ie and try re registering with petsireland mabey there was a glitch.

If the boxer isn't neutered already it would benifit him if he was before he went to a new home this will also weed out people that just want to make money from him.

If the boxer isn't neutered already it would benifit him if he was before he went to a new home this will also weed out people that just want to make money from him.

I know my brother is very reluctant to get him neutered as Jake is show standard but I will pass on this information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

If he's show standard can the breeder not take him back
    I'm sure if he's that good she / he would be interested

otherwise I would get him neutered
    Others are right - you want to weed out the people who will make money out of him and unless they have show standard bitches the pedigree will mean nothing.

Anyway - not being flippant - if he is re-homing the dog he ain't gonna be showing him anyway is he

d-redser wrote:
    I know my brother is very reluctant to get him neutered as Jake is show standard but I will pass on this information.

Has he been in the ring, if not and he is a year old, I doubt anyone is going to bother training him for the ring. (particularly if he is trained to sit) unless he is a stunning speciman! Best off doing the dog a favour and nuetering him, get the chemicals out of his brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

I think that maybe d-redser's brother is reluctant to get him neutered on the off chance that if someone is interested in adopting him they might not want him if they cant breed him or whatever.

Im interested in taking Jake have pm'd d-red about this and have said that if I took him he would be getting neutered ,but really the brother is just looking for a good home for Jake.

Good on you legion, fair play to you, nice xmas present for Jake.

(not the neutering, but the chance of a new home)

lightening wrote:
    Good on you legion, fair play to you, nice xmas present for Jake.

(not the neutering, but the chance of a new home)

Aye,but need to talk to the wife first....

Legion wrote:
    Aye,but need to talk to the wife first....

YOUR GETTING HER SPAYED?

ah, just kidding, keep us updated.

Legion wrote:
    I think that maybe d-redser's brother is reluctant to get him neutered on the off chance that if someone is interested in adopting him they might not want him if they cant breed him or whatever.

Spot on there!!!

Legion if you need any more pics just let me know. The bro has a load of them on his computer so I can email over to you...

• Advertisement

Bump!

New photo's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

take it no one has shown interest in him... And what a handsome puppy he is, still got a bit of growing to do!

i work in a vets in dublin i will keep an ear to the ground. have you had any interest from any of the other websites?

Thanks to Legion, Jake has found a new home!!

He will be sharing it with another boxer so he will have company and loads of room to horse around in (he is a galloper!!).

Thanks everyone for your help and advice!!

d-redser wrote:
    Thanks to Legion, Jake has found a new home!!

He will be sharing it with another boxer so he will have company and loads of room to horse around in (he is a galloper!!).

Thanks everyone for your help and advice!!

Im gutted I couldnt take him myself but he his going to a home where he will be well looked after and treated as a real part of the family. Gwan Jake!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Great news
    Well done to you for all the work you put into finding him a good home .
    I hope he's really happy ;)

Legion wrote:
    Im gutted I couldnt take him myself but he his going to a home where he will be well looked after and treated as a real part of the family. Gwan Jake!!!!

Hey Legion,

I am dying to hear how Jake is. Have you any pic's of him and his new family?

Hello all

Sorry for dragging this thread back up I have been in touch with dee about Jake but thought I would give you a little update on him.

I have the pleasure since last saturday of minding Jake for a week while his owners are away on holidays and so far it has been nothing but a dream,Jake is a wonderful dog so easy going its unreal, its going to be so hard to give him back when they return and I've only had him for a week.

I guess I 'll have to take the wife for a walk every day when he eventually returns home ;) enclosed are a few pics I have taken this week nothing special but gives you all a look at Jake for those who posted on the thread.

Will you take the picture already
    Willyoutakethepicturealready.jpg

ooh ive got green eyes
    oohivegotgreeneyes.jpg

Like my new collar huh ?
    Likemynewcollarhuh.jpg

Doing what I do best
    DoingwhatIdobest.jpg

Yoink !
    Jake.jpg

Gah,Baby food
    blergh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

wow their lovely pics of Jake!!

He looks very happy !!!

• Advertisement

Aye,the hunt will begin in the new year to find one for myself.

Or I may just not open the door when they arrive to take him back home :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement