Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N73 on Vodafone

• 12-12-2006 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I was in the Vodafone Store yesterday, they informed me it will be the end of January before its released.

So I ring customer service last night... "definitely before Chirstmas, and probably before the end of the week".

Anyone know better?

Dubal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

A friend of mine contacted them today and they told him that they will not be releasing it at all as testing is not going well, find that hard to believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

I taught it was out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

We get whatever models they can't sell in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I was told by 3 that the would have the phone out for Christmas, sometime between the 14-20th. I was also told to wait up to 21 days for my unlock code. The only reason I am waiting for 3 to release the phone is because a) I cant afford a SIM Free one and b) I cant buy a locked one from the UK and unlock it myself because no free unlockers exist right now.

I can only assume Vodafone will release it for Christmas, they would be fools not to if 3 do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dubal

...so the guy from Vodafone rings me back and he tells me it will now not be out until the new year....

The same guy who told me it is definitely out before christmas 4 days earlier.

Dubal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

got this reply today from vodafone

Dear Mr !!

Thank you for contacting us with your query.

Then Nokia N73 is due to be released at the start of January.

If you have any further queries, please call us on FreeFone 1907 and
    we will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Just got a brochure from Vodafone advertising the N73 for Christmas... heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yeah. This brochure was in the Sunday papers a couple of weeks ago also.
    Why even bother if they are not gonna have it?
    Typical VF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

richieg wrote:
    A friend of mine contacted them today and they told him that they will not be releasing it at all as testing is not going well, find that hard to believe!

I got an N73 last Monday and I'm not 100% happy with it. I got the Navicore SatNav system with it so maybe that might have something to do with it.

Problems included
    - when answering the phone, it sometimes switches off.
    - a friend rang 3 times without my phone ringing (I was sitting with him in the car)
    - Navicore is unreliable as it loses the GPS device easily.
    - some applications slow to start up.

I'll be taking it back after Xmas. I'll try another N73 as, problems aside, it's a really nice phone and when it's working properly, it'll be a great phone. They'll probably install the lastest firmware and slove all problems that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

there were some last minute software glitches with the internal testing with the handset in vodafone so lauch will be 2nd week in january....the difference between uk and ireland is that the testing in ireland across both voda and o2 is alot more strict....u see quite alot of handsets going onto market in uk and then being withdrawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

there were some last minute software glitches with the internal testing with the handset in vodafone so lauch will be 2nd week in january....the difference between uk and ireland is that the testing in ireland across both voda and o2 is alot more strict....u see quite alot of handsets going onto market in uk and then being withdrawn

Wonder if the N95 will make it on the Vodafone network over here... God I hope so.

Advertisement