Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with LCD & Surround sound setup

Options
  • 12-12-2006 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi There.

I want to have this as neat as possible , i.e. hide all wires etc. Any ideas how i can mount dvd player and subwoofer and hiding all wires at the same time. I dont want a big unit or anything as our table isnt far from this wall.

All help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hi,

Bigger pictures would help, it is hard to see what is going on in the pics you posted.

The main option is to chase the wall and bury the cable in it.
    Alternativly, if you could source a nice brushed aluminium hollow pipe, you could run the cable through it, and it would look like the TV is sitting on it!

P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well the sub quite honestly would be best on the floor.
    You would need to bury the cables or use a fancy trunking like prospect said.
    If you wanted your DVD player mounted, you could go for the floating glass shelf look, where the DVD looks like its floating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

Sorry about the teeeeeny pics. should be bigger ones now.
    I was thinking of a glass shelf alright but where would i put the woofer??
    any links or pics of units.shelves etc?

Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭boy_wonder

just re-read your message sparky. at the moment the woofer on the floor aint an option as the missus would have a fit!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

if the sub isn't on the floor you're losing most of the effect. it needs the floor to transmit the low freq waves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

If you are good at DIY you have another option...

Before I go on, I do agree with mossym.

But if you must have the woofer off the floor you could:

Fit two strong vertical batons to the wall. (If this is a dry-lined wall fix tme too the batons in the wall).
    Then fix a large sheet of timber that is wider than the batons.
    Paint the timber a matt black.
    Run all your cables behind the timber, between the batons, and mount the TV to it.
    Then below the TV, you cound fit one or two mat black shelves and seat your DVD, Decoder, Woofer on them.

See my crappy graphic.

Advertisement