Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to seal leaking chimney?

Options
  • 12-12-2006 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I have just moved into my new build and have a problem with a leaking chimney. I have had the builder back a few times and to be fair to him has done a few different things as follows to try to fix it:

- Put sealant on the chimney

Still leaking

- Put Lead on the part of the chimney that is "choked " in

Still Leaking

- Took out bricks and put extra lead the whole way through to the timber frame

Still leaking

I think that the water may be coming in now beacuse there has been no dry weather since the new lead has been put in. Maybe when it gets dry and more sealant is put on it may rectify it (wishful thinking maybe).

I think the other option is to take the chimney down to the fireplace and redo it which I don't want to do if I can help it.

Has anyone any other options I can try?

Lastbuilders

Advertisement