Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Residue inside Civic windscreen

Options
  • 12-12-2006 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    The inside of the windscreen on my '98 Civic keeps getting covered in an oily residue. I've cleaned it several times, but it gets dirty again within a few days. I'm thinking that maybe the windscreen demister vent/fan is the problem. Is there a filter that can/should be changed on this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Pollen Filters may be blocked up with dirt and thats getting onto the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

If there's A/C in it - I notice that the results in an oily residue also.

BTW I use Windowlene (sp?) to remove it. Not the pansy spray stuff but the Pink / Purple bottle that contains White Spirit. Great for cleaning the screen and keeping it clean. But watch the dash (white spirit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Thanks lads.
    jayok: it doesn't have A/C, just the normal hot air fan.

kluivert: I've a feeling it's dirty filters, as far as I know they've never been changed.

Does anyone with Honda experience know how/where to check the filters - is this a DIY or dealer job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

DIY jobbie - The pollen filters on the 98 Civic are behind the glove box. Open the glove box and remove it by squeezing in the stopper on either side such that the box opens all the wayt to the ground (remove the stuff or it will fall out). Behind this you will see a cylinder shaped thingy (the blower fan) and two / three metal clasps holding a box onto it. Release the claps and the top will come off and volia the pollen filters.

You will need to check these and if necessary replace. You probably can get one in a motor factors (not sure) as I get the dealer during service to replace mine. Otherwise get one off a Honda dealer. They are about 8 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Thanks, will try this out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement