Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving test question - help

Options
  • 12-12-2006 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I havemy driving test tommorrow and somebody robbed my wing mirror. The mechanic can put one on today but there will be no nice back to the mirror. Does this matter? Will the wing mirrror be sufficent to do the test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You'll definitely need a wing mirror! Look at the stickies on this forum and ring up a few car breakers (scrap yards) and see if they have a mirror that's in better nick. I'd say it would be ok as long as you have a mirror that can be adjusted, but just to be on the safe side you should ring around:) Good luck for tomorrow and make sure to look at your shiny new mirror a lot during the test, but don't neglect the others;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

it had a wing mirror but the back of the wingmirror, ie the plastic black back to the wingmirror is missing, the mirror is there - is this ok?

It probably is, but I wouldn't risk it, you could probably pick up a new wing mirror for less than €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

really? feck that was the best the mechanic said he could do. Should I cancel the test?

No, just go for it, but if you can get a proper mirror, just get one:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

You can probably get a spurious mirror somewhere cheap enough.
    Try City Auto Components
    01 450 1142

Advertisement