Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Subaru Tribeca

Options
  • 12-12-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen a Subaru B9 Tribeca either here or elsewhere? It's their top of the range SUV offering (an even plusher version of the Forester) and has some seriously nice styling, outside and in. Think it won some award for best new car interior recently as well. It's special order only in this country, as far as i know.

Saw one on a recent trip out foreign (!) ... and was well impressed.

Subaru are making GREAT cars imho :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just seen it on their website and like it too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

It will certainly bring a bit of finesse to the SUV market.

It's no beauty on the outside - not dissimilar to the Cayenne, so a darker colour will probably work best. The interior is well appointed, stylish, with very good ergonomics.

Should be competitively priced against the X5 & Co, but with a 3.0 petrol engine only, it will be very much a niche choice. At least this might keep the Chavs & Red-Necks away.

A SUV for the more discerning ... well heeled ... motorist !

TomMc wrote:
    It will certainly bring a bit of finesse to the SUV market.

It's no beauty on the outside - not dissimilar to the Cayenne, so a darker colour will probably work best. The interior is well appointed, stylish, with very good ergonomics.

Should be competitively priced against the X5 & Co, but with a 3.0 petrol engine only, it will be very much a niche choice. At least this might keep the Chavs & Red-Necks away.

A SUV for the more discerning ... well heeled ... motorist !
    The 3litre petrol engine put me off. It should get Subarus diesel engine in a year or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

eye checks all round!! that car is absolutely horrible, inside and out

....we are all looking at the same car right??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Yep, it's the same one! I particularly like the front grille. It's by no means a beautiful car. Few SUVs are, but it seems to be very well designed.

• Advertisement

C_Breeze wrote:
    eye checks all round!! that car is absolutely horrible, inside and out

....we are all looking at the same car right??:confused:
    Not that bad ...

http://www.autocarmag.com/FirstDrive_Summary.asp?RT=222566

It's amazing how much A-Pillars have broadened on cars down the years. A real blind spot on modern motors ... looks even bigger on this Scooby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

the front looks like some cheap Chinese immitation porsche cayenne and the dashboards consolo looks odd .... like it is reflecting through a bottle or one of those funny mirrors in the cicus that disotorts an image you know?

I just cant put my finger on it but its a disgracefull looking machine. Subaru were never any good from a design point of view, ever!

the Nissan Murano would get my design vote! ..I dont think anybody would take this over a Murano.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The interior looks surprisingly good, the exterior is terrible imho, but then again Subarus were never lookers but they made well up for it in other departments

I guess price is going to be important. Anyone know the Irish prices yet? The base model is €23k in the USA so probably about €58k here? If so that would be €20k less than an X5 diesel, which will cost less than half to run in fuel and will keep its value much better. I agree it is going to be a niche car. Subaru will probably only sell a handful of them over here. For €23k I'd have one myself though :D

They are 29 - 34K Stg in the UK, so double that and your about right Unkel ... 58 - 60 yo yo's over here.

The current Legacy Estate, unlike other Subaru's, is a looker .. in an understated kind of way. Like the Spec B one. Real Q-Car.

Subaru are now starting to get the look of their car right to go with the reliability. Reason they don't sell too many here in the past was probably the looks but also the lack of a diesel engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Reason they don't sell too many here in the past was probably the looks but also the lack of a diesel engine

And that problem will be there for a while until they finally release a diesel. Then it will take a while for that diesel to prove itself worthy - or not

What's with those Jap manufacturers? Had they spend maybe €10k a year on European consultants for a few days of their time / advice, those consultants would have informed them at least 7 or 8 years ago about the new diesel evolution started years before that by FIAT and BMW and how it was rapidly gaining market share, surely they would have come up with half-decent diesel engines by now, generating €10,000,000,000 (or should I add yet another zero?) more revenue in Europe alone

And they still seem to be designing the cars themselves too. Why-o-why?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

unkel wrote:
    And they still seem to be designing the cars themselves too. Why-o-why?

Like the stereotypically bland styling of Japanese cars, or not, they still make more reliable and efficient cars that any of the European crowd (and I say this as the owner of a European car).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

CtrlSource wrote:
    Has anyone seen a Subaru B9 Tribeca either here or elsewhere? It's their top of the range SUV offering (an even plusher version of the Forester) and has some seriously nice styling, outside and in. Think it won some award for best new car interior recently as well. It's special order only in this country, as far as i know.

Saw one on a recent trip out foreign (!) ... and was well impressed.

Subaru are making GREAT cars imho :cool:

Seen a few about, not many though, like VW ToeRags, a bit thin on the ground.
    One of those inbetween vehicles, you can have seats or trunk spave, but not both, so have to wait for the kids to get their own cars.
    It's based on the Outback running gear I'm sure.

Honda Pilot/MDX is a good alternative.

Advertisement