Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawkins on The Panel

Options
  • 12-12-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Anyone see Dawkins on The Panel last night promoting The God Delusion? I thought he came across pretty good although he was given a fairly easy ride, except for Miss Ireland, but he rode the gags thrown his way very well, I wonder how someone equaly zealous but on the opposite side of the fence would take it though. In fact I remember that god botherer from Boyzone threatening Delamare with violence if he slagged off his beliefs. Not exactly comparing like with like, but still...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks Obo. Will watch that after lunch.

If not for Dawkins, then for Miss Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Obo wrote:

oh cool there a international discussion on the late late show there too, it was a frustrating show. The scrolling ringin comments show the worst of Ireland.

cuaght most of it there last night, it was frustrating, I don't think Dawkins can help coming across as an arrogant English proffessor, cos that what he is. He seems to be everywhere these days but has obviously being doing this for years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd give her one.
    Good job by Dara on letting Dawkins talk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does Dawkins have a new agent or something? He's everywhere right now!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Just watched it.

Thought he came across well, but then the guys on the panel were a bit more receptive to him than some of the late late crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Young liberal audience of the Panel ftw.
    Old conservative audience of the Late Late ftl.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

An excellent and well made point Zillah.

Advertisement