Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help for network play

Options
  • 12-12-2006 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I've just bought PES06 and a network adapter for my PS2.

But the same error keeps showing up: unable to transmit using udp port 3658(sometimes another)

I've search the web, and also found some threads about the same problem on the board, but I do not have the biggest cumputer-playstation-internet knowledge, so im finding it very hard to understand...

So if someone will do me the favour of guiding me throguh either here, or over messenger or whatever I would be very gratefull

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

are you connecting through a router??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Snipto

are you connecting through a router??

Here's the deal. The internet outlet from my wall goes to a box, wich has "d-link" typed all over it. From this box goes 3 internet wires: to my pc, to another pc and to my Playstation. is that box a router?

I'm not so smart to these things, but i really need help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You need to login into the router using your pc and open a port to allow the game to get onto the internet.

Its very simple if you do it right.

What model is your Dlink?

DSL604 etc

kdjac

Its not a router its a switch. or so i've been told :D

And its a d-link DES-1005D

Who do you get your internet off?

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Who do you get your internet off?

kdjac

Its something my whole city gets. Broadband, but we all have the same IP

Snipto wrote:
    Its something my whole city gets. Broadband, but we all have the same IP

Well your using a LAN switch which means you internet is coming from somewhere else, the somewhere else is where the port needs to be opened.

So ehh figuring out that part would help you get pes5 online.

kdjac

Advertisement