Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for foreign girl

Options
  • 12-12-2006 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    my friend is looking to get insured, she's 26 and has a full German License but has never had her own policy and I don't think she was ever a named driver either. She's had the license about 6 years I think and would be getting insured on a car about 1.1 litres with a value sub 1K.

Does anyone know the story with insurance in such a situation and who is a good company to try? She resides in Ireland by the way;)

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Plenty of insurance companies will be happy to do business with her afaik. There's a sticky on this forum with a list of insurance companies in Ireland. You'll need to shop around big time as it's nearly impossible to predict who'll give you the best quote (and they can vary hugely).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Stark wrote:
    Plenty of insurance companies will be happy to do business with her.

Plenty of insurance companies will be more than happy to rob her would be more accurate!

Yeah , she should have no problem getting insurance . She resides in Ireland and has a full Eu licence , i dont see the complication.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

She'll be treated the same as an Irish woman of the same age with a full Irish license but with no NCB and no named driver years I'm afraid

Advertisement