Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas evening games

Options
  • 12-12-2006 3:10pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tried to do a quick search but its not happening for me at the moment. Anyhow I'm looking for a boardgame or similar that the family can play after Christmas dinner. Were talking 5 adults and 2 girls aged 8 and 10. Last year we had pictionary which was a great laugh, but just looking for something new this year that we can all play. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I've heard "Cranium" is a good all rounder no first hand experience though.

The girlfriends family had a DVD version of charades last xmas, it was pretty good all the acting out on it was done by the unbilical brothers, a very funny act in their own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 foz_e_bear

c - 13 wrote:
    I've heard "Cranium" is a good all rounder no first hand experience though.

The girlfriends family had a DVD version of charades last xmas, it was pretty good all the acting out on it was done by the unbilical brothers, a very funny act in their own right.

Yep, Cranium is very good my brother got it a few years back for Christmas and we all sat around playing it, you'd have a great laugh at it, dunno how many players, but it's good, think there is variations on the origional now too ie. Cranium Junior etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Monopoly is always a favourite. Those DVD ones are pretty cool, we got a DVD of Family Fortunes which everyone seemed to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ruu wrote:
    Monopoly is always a favourite....
    ...to start rows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Trilla wrote:
    ...to start rows!

Ah of course but tis all in good fun. :)

"I'll give you 50 quid for Mayfair"
    "**** you its worth four times that!"
    "I wouldn't do that if I were you and give him the monop.."
    "Shut up you and wait for your turn!"

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote:
    ...to start rows!

Just got a flashback to that episode of malcom in the middle where they all play Risk.

Also "Scene it", going to pick up the newest edition for ourselves this xmas.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thanks for the ideas folks, I reckon Cranium or Monopoly could be on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Try Spinnergy. We got it in Smyths a few years ago and it has been a success ever since for us. Deady crack. Only the miserable hoors don't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yea, I'd recommend Scene It? too. Dunno if you have a PS2 or not. The Buzz! quiz series is good.

Just too add that if you have a PS2 in the house guitar hero is a must, played it for the first time over the weekend, great laugh for all ages, even better if you have two of the controllers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement