Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD TV - wall mountable??

Options
  • 12-12-2006 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently bought a 32' LCD TV. We were originally going to get a stand for it but I'm thinking it might be better hanging on the wall over the radiator adjacent to the fireplace. We definately don't want it over the fireplace. The TV is the Marai one in Xtra-vision. I've heard it needs to be VESA compliant but there is no mention of this on the manual. My question is 1. Is this TV wall mountable and 2. If not is there a type of stand I could get that would raise the TV over the fireplace or even a shelf or would this look stupid? any help much appreciated! cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

gfghg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Best bet is to wall mount it as a shelf would need to be very sturdy and prodrude enough for the TV to sit safely on it.

I personally wouldn't recommend a TV over a rad. Unless you had a shelf over the rad or the rad covered to reduce heat flow directly towards the panel.

Whether your TV is VESA or not, there are brackets on the market that will do both.
    I personally got one from komplett.ie and it done the job quite well.

Cheers Sparks. It's currently in the corner beside a rad, but I'm thainking now it would be better mounted on the wall. I reckon I could get a rad cover and a shelf for the skybox and dvd player which would also block the heat from the rad away from the tv. whether this plan works out or not is another matter!!! I still don't know for definate it's wall mountable as there is no mention of it being wall mountable, vesa compliant or FDMA compliant....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Is there screw terminals on the back of the screen?

I don't think there is. However on the 'stand' that comes with it there is 2 screw terminals on the back of that... I'll have another look later, cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement