Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating

Options
  • 12-12-2006 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

Whats the story with repeating? I made a total mess of my first exam today despite working steadily. If I repeat it is my mark capped at 40%?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sarz55

you probably did better than you think you did. Usually if you think you did badly you will come out doing really well.

If you get below an E you have to repeat next semester. the grade will be capped at a D- regardless of your actual grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

sarz55 wrote:
    you probably did better than you think you did. Usually if you think you did badly you will come out doing really well.

If you get below an E you have to repeat next semester. the grade will be capped at a D- regardless of your actual grade.

I'd like to think that but having failed a few exams as an undergrad i know when I did ****. It was microeconomics, quite mathsy so I knew by looking over my notes when I ****ed up. I presume their are some marks for using some correct methods but I don't know if its enough to pass. So in % terms an E is below 40% and a D- is 40 - 50%? Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well below 40% is an E, but if you do well in other subjects you can pass by compensation if you get an E. If you got an F (below 30% I think) you'll have to repeat that during the summer exams and your result will probably be capped at 40%

Advertisement