Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone/Broadband bundles

Options
  • 12-12-2006 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm putting together a business plan and I need some figures on communications.

Can anyone tell me what deals are available for line rental, calls & Broadband.

I notice Eircom do a 2mb connection + anytime calls for 59.99 but I cannot see any mention of line rental. This deal has a 20gb monthly download limit which is crap if you ask me.

What else is available?

Also, the business is a retail shop so I guess I have no choice but to use Eircom to get connected in the first place?
    Personally, i'd rather not give Eircom a cent but if I have to start with them how safe is it to move to another company considering my business is at risk.
    I have my home line all moved over to UTV which I am very happy with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Anything more than 15G is ample unless you are pirating or self hosting, or a very large business with multiple VOIP.

If you doing ordinary business email & web browsing for 20 office workers with firewall and fair use policy, then even 5G will do!

There are business packages.

Co-located or hosted services at a Data Centre is cheaper than the connection cost for most users wanting their own active webserver / ecommerce content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Me would be thinking that eircom bundles is only available to residential users.....

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

crawler wrote:
    Me would be thinking that eircom bundles is only available to residential users.....
    Me would agree with you :D most business packages you have to agree to a minimun spend a month on phone service....usually around the €150 PLUS VAT mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

1) Do a bit of your own research. Most have pricing details on their website.
    2) Read the small print / T&C to make sure you are allowed to use a residential package for business use (to avoid any embarassing cut-off/downtime)

Moved IoffL > Nets & Comms

Advertisement