Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive Stats Reset? 12/12/06

Options
  • 12-12-2006 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Yes u read the title right,
    for some unknown reason EA have decided to reset the stats of around 30000 honest players - including myself. I have been witness to a complete change in the leaderboards globally where i went from 18700 global score to 0 overnight and have now lost my spot in the Irish leaderboard. No.1 and 2 players in the world Kain and Woken have also been reset along with Irelands' no.1 ranked player (Roguegranny->tosser). Check your stats ppl see if you have been effected - the only other i know from boards that have been hit by this are jaggeh - sorry bud :D

This better be a huge mistake on EAs part which will be fixed soon otherwise they can wave goodbye to their community. Whats worse is the scores of the cheating scum from the 1.01 patch who used resupply glitch to boost points are still there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

****in' 'ell!
    Was up till 5:am yesterday playing and checked the leaderboard just before I went and it was grand. Was playing on a server where that RogueGranny was aswell. This being the second time I've ever played on a server with him, I can confirm he is a fool.

Never stops whining and is as bad as "HAHAHAH OUR TEAM WON HAHAHAHA NOOBS" or "HAHAHA THIS IS OUR SILO NOW HAHAH". I normally take an instant liking to anyone who is Irish when playing games online. (Like meeting Irish people on holidays and having a mad craic)

Even still... the wipe is bull****, I'm gonna log in now and check. I haven't been playing in almost over a month now cause this PC was broke. It wouldn't be nice to return to this.

I'm sure most databases have backups and the ability to revert to a previous state. I'd love to hear what EA have to say if they dont revert stats.

I wouldn't mind them reverting every single players stats just to save 30000 accounts because if they do it that way then everyone still has what they have and not 30k losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Wow... that sucks, mine are still there, yay!

Saw this, http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3047/wipnewstickerze7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Mine are gone too,

I hope its just a bug.
    I was 26th in ireland or so.

Fookin Bull

and agreed on RogueGranny, he's a D**K. and i had his tags before the reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

haven't played it in a little while (gwan the bf2), have the ads appeared yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Nothing official from EA yet.
    lets hope its a bug...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

had a look there , all the stats seem fine , that rogue_granny still has 172,000 , and btw the top Irish player is Dr_Splinter79

edit : then again you might be talking about 2142 ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

HOLY SHI......

Oh, its a bug.

Like Holsten said ... http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3047/wipnewstickerze7.png

Panic over.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

that news ticker has been at the bottom of menu screen ingame for like 2 weeks now (to do with the CTDs of the 1.01 patch) and is unrelated to the current state of affairs.

For now im just relaxing while i wait to see how EA manages to take a bad situation - will they apologise and fix it all or will they mess it up even more!

If its not a bug the game is getting uninstalled - simple as that

btw when i removed Rogu3granny from my buddy list ingame (after being banned from our server for the second time for being abusive) he responded with an invite that read something like this "Remove me from your friends list will ya? ye F****** freestate piece of S***,F*** you anyway. I was gonna join your F****** clan but im glad now i ddint cus it has idiots like you in it"

just FYI granny we had already decided we didnt want a a whiny bitch like you in the clan so it wasnt going to happen even if u had asked :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Wow, he sounds like a keeper.

What a sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Thank feck i ain't been affected. i heard on the EA boards that skunk_2142 was reset and thought t'was hilarious, then i heard everyone else was losing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

haven't played it in a little while (gwan the bf2), have the ads appeared yet?

Yeah I've seen a few, they're not that noticabale though, only Intel ones so far....

Nice to know number one is such a nice guy... hahah.

Hope they get this sorted soon. My stats are fine but its still cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Mines fine ..thank jebus ,as theres no way im gonna try and knife 8 people in a round again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

so it wasnt just me, rogue is a complete tosser. thought i ws going crazy.

wah wah i just made gold commisar and had 3 gold badges and a 2k ribbon waiting to be won :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

meh...

im ranked 195th of 306 ranked irish players....

brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Checked the leaderboard today and most of top guys got their stats back, including skunk bah!!!! i was 48th in ireland last nite, alas no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

BACK IN THE GAME!!!!!! as of 11 am this morning :D

hallelujah
    hallelujah
    halle-lu
    halle-lu
    halle-lu
    hallelujah!

Advertisement