Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Cheap Archos?

Options
  • 12-12-2006 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    With xmas down the road, I'm looking for an Archos, as you don't need any software to drop MP3's into it, as well as being able to use it as a portable HDD.

I'm looking for one which is at least 10GB's, and under the €300 mark. Once I can see what track is playing, the size of the screen doesn't matter too much. I see lots for playing movie's, but I'm only going to use it for MP3's, so I don't need any of the extra fancy options.

If anyone knows af a decent online site (not ebay), or a decent shop in/near Dublin, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

the_syco wrote:
    Hi,
    With xmas down the road, I'm looking for an Archos, as you don't need any software to drop MP3's into it, as well as being able to use it as a portable HDD.

I'm looking for one which is at least 10GB's, and under the €300 mark. Once I can see what track is playing, the size of the screen doesn't matter too much. I see lots for playing movie's, but I'm only going to use it for MP3's, so I don't need any of the extra fancy options.

If anyone knows af a decent online site (not ebay), or a decent shop in/near Dublin, please let me know.

Waste! :D

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=140676

This one is just a bit over €300. Peats in Blanch (and Parnell Street I assume) have a few of them.

Should probably be posted here for a better response...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=624

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Waste! :D

Should probably be posted here for a better response...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=624
    For every forum I find, another seems to appear.

As for it being a waste, I need one with at least a 10GB, so I can use it to leech @ college and at work:cool:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The archos 504 80g has been reduced in pcworld from 549 down to 349. That is some value.

Aquos76 wrote:
    The archos 504 80g has been reduced in pcworld from 549 down to 349. That is some value.
    Cool. Got this, and the docking station (handy for recording off the TV) was reduced if you got it with the Archos:cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

if its just for mp3s why waste money on an archos, over priced for what you need, crappy battery life. go for a zen or something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

the_syco wrote:
    Cool. Got this, and the docking station (handy for recording off the TV) was reduced if you got it with the Archos:cool:

So how much did the docking station cost when purchased with the reduced Archos?

Aquos76 wrote:
    So how much did the docking station cost when purchased with the reduced Archos?
    Think €60 or something.
    if its just for mp3s why waste money on an archos, over priced for what you need, crappy battery life. go for a zen or something
    For the same price as the 80GB Archos, I'd only get a 30GB Zen.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

If you only need around 10GB what does it matter whether the Zen is only 30GB.
    Have a think about what you will use it for. Will you need the large screen. Can you live with the added size over a zen/ipod.

richieg wrote:
    If you only need around 10GB what does it matter whether the Zen is only 30GB.
    Have a think about what you will use it for. Will you need the large screen. Can you live with the added size over a zen/ipod.
    Well, the way I saw it (its been bought) is that for about the space price, I get over twice thte amount. I'll be using it for file transport, and the screen will alow me to watch South Park (have the first few seasons) on the train (its a half hour journey). It was at least 10GB, as anything less wouldn't have been enough. As for the size, I currently use a massive MP3-CD player, so the archos will be small compared to it. Don't want it too small, as I'd loose it.

Advertisement