Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6680 or Nokia E50

• 12-12-2006 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I need advice. I'm looking for a new phone, and can't choose between E50(no camera) and 6680. Would you advice me? Does anybody have bad expirience with E50? It's quite new, but still expensive for the phone without 3G and no camera :confused:

Looking forward to replies.
    :)

P.S. I'm on vodafone so I'm choosing between their stock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

I got the E50 a week ago. I think it's a great phone. It's so much more responsive than the last series 60 phone I had (the 6600). True, there's no 3G but the GPRS connection pulls down data faster than the last 3G phone I had. Also, because it's not 3G, it's smaller, lighter and has better battery life.
    If you care about a camera it's a deal breaker unless you go SIM-free. I prefer using my digital camera than a crappy quality camera-phone with no optical zoom and a LED flash. There are some cool features but best of all, the call quality is excellent. That said, I've noticed it gets very hot on the ear if you're talking for an hour or more. It's probably just a side-effect of the microwaves cooking my brain! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I read about overheating, and people are saying it's because of CPU, and metal cover works like cooler :). Who knows. Anyway thank you for your opinion. I might go ahead with E50. At least it has newer OS 9.1, so new features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

get the e50 with the camera? one version has a 1.3mp camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I got an E50 last week. I posted something about it below. I haven't really used it properly yet but it has a tremendous range of features and it can read out text messages to me which I think is great.

I wouldn't say the 6680 is a better phone. The N73 though would be a different story. It all depends if a camera is a big deal to you.

Thanks to everybody for replies, I will go ahead with E50, I read a lot about it on the Internet and decided. It should be better even without camera and 3G. Will see. For any reason I can't buy it online (recently bought Sharp 550, not very happy) so will be hunting it in the stores this weekend.
    Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement

If you want a sim free one give me a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭tippguy2

whats the prob with the sharp 550 ?...i have a 770sh and i think its brill

jrey1981 wrote:
    If you want a sim free one give me a shout
    Well, I need €120 free credit from Vodafone, so if you suggest me sometihng better then €229-120 and its new I will take it.
    jrey1981 wrote:
    whats the prob with the sharp 550 ?...i have a 770sh and i think its brill
    I love it's screen and resolution and menu etc, but it can't get the signal (vodafone) in places where Motorola V770 was working perfectly fine, and when it's loosing connection it takes 5-10 min to pick up the signal back. Also I prefer phone you can installed java software over bluetooth or cable, Sharp only supports downloading and it costs fortune (I've downloaded 700Kb application and paid €14 for it :mad: )

so you want a sim free E50 for €109 or less...?

It doesnt work like that I'm afraid. I've no problem throwing in a voda prepaid sim card but it won't have €120 credit on it.

jrey1981 wrote:
    so you want a sim free E50 for €109 or less...?

It doesnt work like that I'm afraid. I've no problem throwing in a voda prepaid sim card but it won't have €120 credit on it.

Of course not, but something like €170, so I can buy cheap phone for €60 and get my €120 from Vodafone :)

Please post details in PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement