Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Limerick Leader editor this week

Options
  • 12-12-2006 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

The new Leader editor is due to be annouced this week, lets hope he or she can change it's overwhelming negative outlook, and actually project at least some postive images of the city.

In one sense, the editor of the Leader should be one of the most prestigious jobs in the local newspaper business in the country, it is, after all, the main paper in one of the biggest areas in country, but instead, the entire paper is a source of derision and mirth for the majority of the city. Let's hope the new editor can improve the writing, the printing and the reading of the Leader, if not, lets hope it's owners will shut it down.

What would people like to see the new editor bring in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

wooo! fresh blood. not in the "lets abuse the ****e out of them" more a "that paper needs a breath of fresh air"
    i think someone a) young-ish and possibly b) foreign? english/scots? (someone coming in with no former impressions of a city??).
    totally needs a new look that paper and a real shakeup of what they want to produce.i think this includes getting rid of some rather sour staffers and the odd photog they have their. it reads as a paper written for one target audience. i think those metro style papers (smaller and stapled) look a lot nicer and are easier to read too. it needs to project the what the city thinks of itself so a bit more..cool.

thats my quick 0.02 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I agree competely with Ellen.
    I think that an editor coming in from abroad would be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

dv wrote:

well, he worked on english papers for a good while so sure...kinda foreign in a way.
    :)

Advertisement