Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm system- can it be serviced by a company other than the installer?

Options
  • 12-12-2006 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Does an alarm have to be serviced by the company that installed it? They are worse than incompetent and are refusing to come back. The alarm is a well known brand and the pre-wiring was completed by the developer's electrical sub-contractor.

How much should i expect to pay for a standard service?

If it does have to be serviced by the installer, how can I get them back? I don't have a service contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you can hve the panel reset and programmed up again if the engineering company wont give you the code, another company can easilly do this for you, I'd imaging about 150 for a service

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

Any half decent Alarm company will service it for you. Is there a problem that the system requires servicing?

Oh and by the way if there are any engineer code hassles just tell the original installation company that you require them to visit your premises(FOC) and program an engineer code into your alarm that you can use.

If they will not do this, ask them for the code that accesses the engineer menu on your panel on the phone.

If they will not do this tell them to expect a letter from your brother the solicitor.

All of the above I have had to do in the past. Some companies will not divulge the info but it is your right to have it.

Advertisement