Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

air conditioning Gas fill

Options
  • 12-12-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

does anyone know anywhere preferrably in Dublin West, where I can get the air conditoning unit in my car filled?

Is it something you need to book or can you bring your car in and it gets done quickly? I heard that you can even go to electrical places that service fridges for it.

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

how do you know if your a/c needs re-filling does it just stop working?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

neacy69 wrote:
    how do you know if your a/c needs re-filling does it just stop working?

Because it doesn't have any gas in it so I need to get it filled. It doesn't have a problem, it just does not have any gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ye id actually like to know this too, how much does it usually cost roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a guy called John Kenealy in Tallaght who'll do it. I don't have his number on me, but it's in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Halfords do a diy kit for 60euro or so,you connect it on one and and spray it into the system.Ive used it and its simple and no problems with it

Ive also seen a guy in tallaght highly reccomended on here,a search for car aircon should find him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

. It doesn't have a problem, it just does not have any gas.
    If it doesn't have a problem how did the gas leak?? These are supposed to be sealed systems, did you fix the leak? Did you then pressure test the system, did you then vac out the system? It that wasn't done, you're wasting your time and money getting a new gas charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Borzoi wrote:
    If it doesn't have a problem how did the gas leak?? These are supposed to be sealed systems, did you fix the leak? Did you then pressure test the system, did you then vac out the system? It that wasn't done, you're wasting your time and money getting a new gas charge.

It had a new pipe fitted but the mechanic didn't have the facility for gassing it.

eireal wrote:
    Ive also seen a guy in tallaght highly reccomended on here,a search for car aircon should find him
    That's John Kenealy! I don't think he charges much more than €60 either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Anan1 wrote:

Maxwell motors are E120

Maxwell motors are E120
    I wouldn't bring a 1985 318i there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anan1 wrote:
    There's a John Kenealy in the Business Section of the telephone directory but the address appears to be a residential area. Is that him?

There's a John Kenealy in the Business Section of the telephone directory but the address appears to be a residential area. Is that him?
    That's him, Bancroft Grove, Tallaght. He's a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anan1 wrote:
    That's him, Bancroft Grove, Tallaght. He's a nice guy.
    Thanks Anan1. I must give him a call. My AC doesn't appear to be working lately. It's supposed to come on automatically each time the engine is started but I've noticed the windows fogging up a lot more recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I used John Kenealy in the summer to re-gas my air con and would recommend him. His no. is 087-2559706

Advertisement