Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years in Galway

Options
  • 12-12-2006 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

How is New Year's in Galway? Do most places make you buy tix for their events or is it just chaos? Also where's the best places to be for it?

Haven't had a New Year's here yet...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

DrRock wrote:
    How is New Year's in Galway? Do most places make you buy tix for their events or is it just chaos? Also where's the best places to be for it?

Haven't had a New Year's here yet...

The same as everywhere else.Some places are tickets some arent ,depends on where you go.Best places??? Anywhere its New Years Eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

padi89 wrote:
    The same as everywhere else.Some places are tickets some arent ,depends on where you go.Best places??? Anywhere its New Years Eve.

Don't know about that. IMO steer clear of the nightclubs until after 12 especially if you've got a ticket. The pubs have better atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Stay at home or go to a house party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Layla1981

the saw doc in the black box shud b gud. plenty tics still round and under 30 smackers. hah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

SyxPak wrote:
    Stay at home or go to a house party.
    That sounds like a good idea.

A damn good idea...

*Self destructs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ya cant beat a good house party for new years... No queeing for the bar or waiting about for taxis till stupid o'clock... plus there's the added bonus of been able to have a bottle of Bucky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

kevmy wrote:
    Don't know about that. IMO steer clear of the nightclubs until after 12 especially if you've got a ticket. The pubs have better atmosphere

Dont know about what exactly??? Unless you travel outside the country New Years Eve is pretty much the same up and down the country.You will not get into a nightclub in Galway after twelve,(ticket maybe)doors will be firmly shut.You would be lucky to get in at 11pm as they are open from around 9pm.Agreed, pubs are better,mind you i had a great New Years in Halo,they let in a certain amount of people and that was it,not jammers really comfy ,no waiting for ages at the bar etc.The worst place over the Christmas period is the Warwick Stephens night,wedged is not the word......not fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

gallery_91_pic.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

all my life living in the beautiful city of galway and never been in the roisin! and even more shamefully work on domnick st so wheres my excuse??

anyways new years, hmm a good trip to the pub and a massive house party is the only way to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was only in the roisin for the first time about a month ago. Good ol craic, nice place, live music, upstairs downstairs, big outdoor smoking area. You must go now.

I'll probably be in me hometown for christmas should be good craic we have 10 pubs and a ****e nightclub but house partys is where the fun starts.

I once spent a night drinking in ere sq. some backpackers where playing the bongos had a good ol night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Ya cant beat the Roisin. My favouite pub in town. Up the west!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Myself and 22 of my closest friends have rented a house in the stix for new years. Its the social event of the year dontcha know!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i have no choice but to entertain the masses while getting steamed on the night in question:D :D:D:D:D:D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

roisin's has an upstairs now??...mmm...it's been a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Myself and 22 of my closest friends have rented a house in the stix for new years. Its the social event of the year dontcha know!
    That's the one! I'm surprised they rented it to you they must know what you have planed.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Don't go to Cuba was there last year and felt like topping myself when the countdown hit, was so depressing. Such a ****hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Like a ray of sunshine, that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

My friends and I are wondering the viability of being able to drink in Eyre Square like during Race Week; that was bloody excellent, tribal drummers by the Doorway, sitting on the grass with buckie and cans. The Gardaí were really sound, just did their rounds and "kept the peace". If it was a dry night it'd be excellent.

Advertisement