Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k Aware Run in Phoenix Park

Options
  • 12-12-2006 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Following the entusiasm from the Port Tunnel race, I want to do the run above.

Anybody up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

yeah, i'm already signed up, pre-enties have closed though and it will cost €25 to register on the day which is a bit hefty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I signed up ages ago - my race number is 17.
    WRT the higher on-the-day registration fee, I would assume that a good chunk will go to the Aware charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Yeah, I registered a few weeks back too.

Took it easy in the Port Tunnel saving myself for this weekend. I was hoping to aim for a PB but I'm still sluggish after the marathon. Can't get the legs moving at all....

Here is an approximate (wrt distances) map of the route as the Aware site doesn't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I think they have gone too far with €25. I agree with a higher price if you dont register in advance but that is too much.

I still want to do it but I will decide it on the day.

• Advertisement

Any other posters here do this 10K?

I'd a great run except for the 5th km. I averaged under 4 mins for every kilometer but the 5th one. I'm sure I didn't slow down, there wasn't streams of people passing me and I stayed with those around me, yet it took me 6 minutes!

Did anybody else find the 5th Km a bit long or did I loose concentration for a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Had my gps with me, the 5k marker was out of place, as in the 4k to 5k signs were a good bit more than a kilometre apart.

Failing that I thought it was an excellant run, enjoyed it a lot more than the Port Tunnel.

Had my gps with me, the 5k marker was out of place, as in the 4k to 5k signs were a good bit more than a kilometre apart.

Failing that I thought it was an excellant run, enjoyed it a lot more than the Port Tunnel.
    Yeah, 5k marked was waaaay off. My lap time for that km was 5m50s with the next one 3m11s. I think the 1km was a bit short too - I passed it much earlier than expected.

It was much more enjoyable than the Port Tunnel run.

Had my gps with me

Amazo, was that 5K marker the only miscalulation or was the race longer than 10k?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

My forerunner measured it as 6.25 miles. I'd say the extra .04 was from me not taking the corners sharply enough ;) The total distance seemed accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Clum wrote:
    Amazo, was that 5K marker the only miscalulation or was the race longer than 10k?

I think a few of the markers were misplaced, but 5k was the only one that really stood out as seriously misplaced, the run was pretty much 10k exactly.

Advertisement