Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What two classes best complement each other?

Options
  • 12-12-2006 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend has expressed an interest in playing WoW after getting a taste of the DS and animal crossings. I've played a bit before and have a fair understanding of the classes but I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion what which two classes would be best for the two of us to roll? We'll be grouped together most of the time and so what do you think would be the best combo? Warrior/Priest or Shaman/Mage ect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Any class that can damage with any hybrid.

Rogue druid would be a good example, or warrior priest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

Warlock and Druid ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Warlock/Paladin :p

Never, ever die.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Warrior/Druid or Priest is very nice.

Basically anything that can stand in a fight with anything that can heal. With a skilled healer (who can control aggro) with a tank who pull mobs off the healer if needs be, will slaughter most PvE situations. Additionally the druid can shapeshift into a DPS (Cat) or Secondary Tank (Bear) which speeds up situations where the warrior is in no danger from a single mob and you just want to take it down fast.

For high impact AoE Mage+Druid is tasty too... a little riskier but done correctly it can output a jaw dropping amount of damage. It may require the Druid to spend more time in Bear form but any single mob will drop pretty fast with the mage around!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Ahh the mage/druid sounds interesting but I'm thinking baby steps here, I'll try Warrior/Priest as a start and we can always reroll later on.

Is the board of ie clan still active?

Is it possible to create a second account of a set of game cds or do we need to buy another copy of the wow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Warlock + Shadow Priest is a great combo I found when I leveled my warlock alt with a mates Shadow priest.

Warrior + Healer will be slow going but you will get there.

If one of you is to be a shaman I really recommend the other pick a vending machine, I mean water boy, I mean mage....ya thats it mage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

warlock/shadow priest (awesome)
    warlock/druid (heal my pet)
    warlock/pally (whaddya mean you cant hold agro off me?)
    warlock/mage (dps ftw and free refills)
    walrock/warlock (soulstone each other and swamp the enemy in blueberries)

warlock and felguard... more efficient than any two man team.

cmon the world needs more warlocks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

Thorbar wrote:
    Is it possible to create a second account of a set of game cds or do we need to buy another copy of the wow?

You can install the game from your CDs and open a 10 day trial account for her (note that trial accounts cannot use the trade function or the action house however, and can only play up to level 20). She will however need to buy a copy of the game herself so that she obtains an original game code to be able to activate an account, so yes, in the long term she has to buy the game. (Unless you utilise one of those "buy a game code" things online, but I'm not sure that that would actually go down well with the folks at Blizzard...).

As for what works together, I play with my boyfriend - he already had a high level hunter and had just made a priest (now shadows priest) alt which is what he has mainly paired with me as. I first enrolled as a mage and I know it doesn't seem like an ideal combo but it has worked pretty well for us. :) I recently made a warlock alt though - so I will agree with the warlock/ shadow priest combo! I'm a few levels behind him but we still do serious damage between us.

One thing though, if she hasn't played many similar games she probably shouldn't do the warlock, I know it would be different for all of us but I think I would have found it a bit hard to manage the minions, soul shards etc. before I had a good knowledge of the battle system... but that's just my thoughts, of course!

Anyway, have fun levelling characters together, I know we have! (And do make use of the nifty flirt emote.... ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Thanks for the replies, I think we'll go for a warrior/healing priest combo for maybe 10-20 lvls, with her on a trial a/c to just see if she likes it. Hopefully WoW will get its hooks in here and we can start again with something more damaging. Any preferences on servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

That sounds like a good start combo!

We're on Xavius and I like that server, still a lot of newbies around there so there are always people looking to join a group if you need backup.

Otherwise, we just had a discussion about that, and I will take the liberty of referring to that thread too :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055019184

Good luck, and I hope you're planning on joining Alliance.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You can buy an full account from Blizzard online. My mate gave me his disks and sent me a 10 day trail account. Once I set it up, when you start the game, a login screen appears, and one of the options is to manage your account. This will open a web page where your various details are (this might appear when you set up your trial acocunt too, but I can't remember). Somewhere here, there's an option to upgrade to a full account. Just be prepared for a hefty wait while the patches are downloaded! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

If you're Horde go Shaman/Warrior

If you're Alliance go Paladin Warrior.

you can two man(person) anything

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Coyler

DRakE wrote:

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

DRakE wrote:

Totally. Ive boasted about it before, but my warrior at 50 and a pally at 53 took down a 60 warrior when we were already at about 50% health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I think warlock/shadow priest is the best combo - ridiculous amounts of dps!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

If you can get the practice in and are on a moderatly quite server a priest/ mage aoe team can do some nice levelling. To be honest though, they have balanced the classes so that a combo of any 2 classes will do well in pve (bar mabey pally/pally :p ), pvp is a diffrent matter (where pally/pally is the most annoying thing. EVER)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

I levelled my druid to 60 alongside a mage. It definitely works well, although I have come across warrior/priest combos that work too. As someone said, most classes will work well together, although if one of you can heal and/or resurrect then it does help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Healer and any Dps is a great leveler, shadow priest and warlock is the most fun.

Cant beat life tap and heal, with durst dps from the priest if he has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Thorbar wrote:

Is the board of ie clan still active?

The original boards.ie guild <Bored of IE> is now known as <Metamorphosis> and still going strong on the Outland Server

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm changing my recommendation from Pally/Warrior to

Warlock/Warlock
    or Hunter/Hunter

or a combination of either. You'll never die, ever. And if you do then the server may require a restart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

My warrior at lvl 27 and a priest lvl 27 were questing together in hillsbrad when a ?? Paladin tried to Gank us, the priest stayed back and healed me, while i pumeled the paladin, even though he healed himself half way through we still killed him, and hes his armour and mace did look good. Good times :) nice combo imo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

After 2-manning quite a few instances for fun and epic mount gl0d.. I would have to say that holy/prot paladin and feral druid is absolutely awesome :)

Advertisement