Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

introduction to calculus 10070-questions about the exam tomorrow

Options
  • 13-12-2006 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Will log books be provided to us during the exam tomorrow or do we have to learn the derivatives of things like sin x,cos x,the quotient and product rules?Also is there any integration on the exam?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

fatal wrote:
    Will log books be provided to us during the exam tomorrow or do we have to learn the derivatives of things like sin x,cos x,the quotient and product rules?Also is there any integration on the exam?
    thanks
    I don't think you get log books,but you should know all them from the leaving cert.
    I have no idea if theres integration,maybe I should've went to one of the lectures since about october:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Is that the engineering one?
    If it is then you won't get log tables and it won't be written down. I'm pretty sure we didn't get any integration cos theres only a tiny bit at the end and I remember thinking how sweet it is that I only had to learn one of them. Make sure you can differentiate cosx, sinx, cos^2x, lnx... don't worry too much about tanx if you're cramming it in at the moment. Just make sure you know the easy ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yea I'm afraid you're going to have to know them and while I don't remember the exam I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some integration in an intro to calculus exam!!

When I did it there were online notes, oh and check the past papers for what to expect.

Advertisement