Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easier on the conscience shoes

• 13-12-2006 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Developing quite the social conscience lately, I know buying these things doesn't necessarily make me a better person but I'm looking for some new shoes. Basically, I want them as eco-friendly as possible, don't want some horrible corporate brand and I don't want child labour involved- also, I'd like to look good.

What companies are "Ok" in this regard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Check out the Pepe Jeans brand shoes, they're made in spain or portugal (Can't quite remember) so no child labour. I've got a pair for special occaisions, and they look very nice indeed. Pretty comfortable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

i hear nike is good...oh and coka cola for your drinks needs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

If you don't mind splashing out, buy shoes made in Italy or England. Generally the best quality, last ages and the staff are craftsmen, so they're paid properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

http://www.nosweatapparel.com/ The Converse style ones are also available in the Amnesty International Shop on Middle Street in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Argh, none of 'em look particularly sturdy. My last pair of Vans lasted 6 months due to constant wear and kicking the **** out of 'em.

Advertisement