Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless broadband to A and onto B

• 13-12-2006 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,

I hope to obtain a Digiweb connection in the near future. The problem I have
    is that the receiver will be at a considerable distance from my house. I need
    some way to get the signal from the Digiweb box to my house.

How do I do this can anyone here tell me. I do not know alot about
    communication equipment in general. I asked this question here before but
    that was some time ago and I cannot find the answers (helpful ones they
    were too) given by people at the time. It was suggested that I use
    two small dishes and (as far as I can remember) some sort of gaming?
    device. With 128 bit incription switched on!

TIA

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Which Digiweb system?

Metro has a coax connection and using Exterior grade CT125 and maybe a repeater amp or two the coax can go maybe 5km.

The other alternative is a pair of WiFi bridges, weather proof boxes and MMDS style mesh dish/ aerials. Range LOS up to 6km.

Limit for ethernet cable is 100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

100m limit can be overcome by using a router using power over ethernet which will allow you to double the distance (or treble, quadruple depending on how many you use)

*DigiWeb Box*
    100m
    PoE Router
    100m
    House with PoE adapter

but quicker and easier would be to stick two wifi routers in repeater* mode, one a digibox end and one at house end. Switch on encryption and if needs be change the antenna to a directional one.

John

http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/wirelessproducts/f/apbridgingmode.htm

Advertisement