Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How bad did i mess up?

• 13-12-2006 3:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Ok going to go regged here, never thought i'd be posting on PI and probably done about a million times before but nontheless:

Was going out with a lovely barmaid from my local until sunday. Then I got horribly drunk and basically slobbered over another girl at the bar while she was working behind it (It went nowhere, just hugging). I'm not even going to try to blame anyone but myself for this and i'm disgusted at my own actions cos I don't even fancy the girl I was slobbering over. Now the B/M won't even talk to me long enough to let me try to explain that yes I was totally pissed and didn't mean to hurt her.

The thing is, she has her own problems which I don't really want to go into and dumps me on a regular basis which i usually don't have a problem with cos I know she'll call the next day telling me she didn't mean what she said. Problem is i'm crazy about her (I must be to put up with sleepless nights, etc) Should I just let it go or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    zippy28 wrote:
    Ok going to go regged here, never thought i'd be posting on PI and probably done about a million times before but nontheless:

Was going out with a lovely barmaid from my local until sunday. Then I got horribly drunk and basically slobbered over another girl at the bar while she was working behind it (It went nowhere, just hugging). I'm not even going to try to blame anyone but myself for this and i'm disgusted at my own actions cos I don't even fancy the girl I was slobbering over. Now the B/M won't even talk to me long enough to let me try to explain that yes I was totally pissed and didn't mean to hurt her.

The thing is, she has her own problems which I don't really want to go into and dumps me on a regular basis which i usually don't have a problem with cos I know she'll call the next day telling me she didn't mean what she said. Problem is i'm crazy about her (I must be to put up with sleepless nights, etc) Should I just let it go or what?

You'll probably get loads of people on here telling you that she deserves better than you, and that you are an asshole, etc bla bla.. which doesn't help your situation, but in reality what you need to do is not let yourself get so drunk and into situations like that again, and prove to the girl how much she means to you. Beg her to give you a second chance, and if she does then consider yourself the luckiest man alive and completely avoid getting into situations where you could possibly cheat on her. If it means giving up drink, and/or not going out with your mates, whatever, then if she's worth that much to you she will do it. Hope this advice helps.'

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

just txt her how you feel and ask her can you ring her or meet her to tell her in depth how you feel!!
    as for what you did i wouldnt talk to you either drunk or not you shouldn't have done that!!!sorry but not alot of sympathy on that bit tbh!!
    fi xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Like I said, I'm not expecting any sympathy at all, I know I was wrong. And I've done the whole texting thing cos i'm useless on the phone so I reckon that is that. I just wish it wasn't. Not to make light of things but I wish right now I had Pigheads time machine from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

you sound very sorry and txted her saying so. So really their is little more you can do, if she will not talk to you, just cool it off with her be polite with her but dont try to talk to her. The girl sounds like she is a bit hot headed if so she might just need a bit of time to cool down to see if she still likes you.

also i wouldnt advise trying to talk to her in a bar or drunk never seems to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Aye, I would just give her a bit of time. Let her know that you wish to talk and straighten things out but when she is ready, don't push it. Best of luck sorting it out, sounds to me that you are sorry and are willing to admit to making a very silly mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

zippy28 wrote:
    Was going out with a lovely barmaid from my local until sunday. Then I got horribly drunk and basically slobbered over another girl at the bar while she was working behind it (It went nowhere, just hugging). I'm not even going to try to blame anyone but myself for this and i'm disgusted at my own actions cos I don't even fancy the girl I was slobbering over.
    She gets jealous very easy. If it was a just a hug, then it doesn't matter. If you had other drunken intentions, then she has a right to be pissed.

I often have my arms around some female friends of mine, and they do the same to me. Means nothing..... I'm just huggable :D
    zippy28 wrote:
    So, she dumps you on a regular basis and rings to say sorry the next day. Some day she might not call back.
    You said she has some of her own problems. It seems as if she isn't ready for a relationship in my opinion.

I would get out of there, but thats me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

zippy28 wrote:
    The thing is, she has her own problems which I don't really want to go into

are any of her problems trust problems, cause if so you may have just completly fecked things up, ok I don't know exactly how you are where acting as someone else said if it was just hugs then maybe she is over reacting however if it was anything more then you are probably very well screwed. cause no offence but if you acted liked that in front of her just think what she now thinks how you must acted when she is not around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Hey guys, just an update. I just left it be for a while and she started talking to me again. So we talked it out eventually and jsb you were bang on the money. Total trust problems. Even though I did very little wrong (I've managed to piece together the night in question since then*), in her eyes it was a lot more. So I've decided to leave it so and we've decided to just be friends which is a better outcome than naver speaking again IMO. Cheers for all your help.

*just in case people, I don't make a habit of getting that drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Glad to hear it, sure youre probably better off too, and im sure youll watch the drink in the future too

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Rabies wrote:
    So, she dumps you on a regular basis and rings to say sorry the next day. Some day she might not call back.
    You said she has some of her own problems. It seems as if she isn't ready for a relationship in my opinion.

I would get out of there, but thats me.

I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

zippy28 wrote:
    *just in case people, I don't make a habit of getting that drunk.
    Good advice, as well as a lesson for the future (having experienced this situation).

Advertisement