Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Mail in Dublin - "Dublin Only" v "All Other Areas"

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hi,

Yesterday I mistakenly mailed an item destined for a Dublin address into the "All other areas" slot of the mailbox. :o

Does anyone know if this will significantly delay the delivery of the letter?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I did that once a few years ago with two letters. Neither of them ever arrived.

Have worked in a sorting office and it really shouldn't make much difference. Someone will spot it and chuck it into the right spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Hmm, two very different responses there.

Jeez jor el, I was embarrassed to do it with one letter, but two? :D

Thanks folks! I'll try to remember to post back here if it ever arrives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well I posted them both at the same time so it's not like I came back and did the same again. I didn't think it would matter but the two letters went AWOL. I thought it was somebody punishing the dumb cultchie for not reading what was on the letter box. Perhaps they just got lost when being transferred to the right queue in the sorting office.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Letter received :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Good to hear that.
    Yeah doing christmas work in a mail centre and it really would only delay the letter. Pop it in the mis-sorts shelf and it goes where it should.

Advertisement