Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800gtx + vista

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

i am not really looking for any help here, i just want to vent my anger

i just bought an XFX 8800GTX 768mb card which on the box it says essential vista ! but

wait for it

THERE ARE NO VISTA DRIVERS, NOTHING, NADA !!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Are there not even beta drivers on the nvidia site? Or anything on a CD in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭crowej

nope nothing, on the nvidia site there are beta vista drivers but the 8800 requires its own driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its not out for consumer launch yet so drivers are thin enough on the ground.

seems odd for a flagship card not to have drivers ready, im guessing some other reason is to blame for it than just laziness at nvidia.....

nvidia would have to submit a wddm driver before november 30th to get vista approval so im thinking that it should work in vista if you install it,
    although not really for games etc

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

crowej wrote:
    THERE ARE NO VISTA DRIVERS, NOTHING, NADA !!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Psssssst! Vista ain't out yet! :p

There's an amazing lack of drivers for 65bit XP at first, so untill Vista comes out officially, some companies may just not support it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

As has been stated there are no Vista drivers because it is not available at retail till early January next year.

That said there are drivers coming soon I believe as OEM's need them to begin selling PC's with Vista pre-installed with GeForce 8 class hardware present. Those drivers will probably leak out onto the net not long after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nvidia will not have Vista RTM drivers ready till Feb. They're having serious issues with coding and trying to get SLI working in Vista.

clearly nvidia will have 8800 drivers before feb as vista will be on sale by then. its ridiculous to suggest that they will not have vista drivers for one of the only dx10 cards on the market.

my main gripe is that it clearly states on the box of the gpu VISTA READY !

where by i accept that the final release drivers should not be out there should at least be some beta driver floating around. i would even accept it with reduced functionality

it's not ridiculous..it's fact..Vista release to the public is going to be delayed till Feb 5th. Why? Because Nvidia are still having problems with DX10 and SLI for Vista.
    Nvidia have told this to every OEM this week.
    They might be offering it by the end of Jan but anyone with a Nvidia Card won't be getting it till Feb 5th when drivers are released.
    You should however be getting beta drivers floating around by Jan 20th or so.

either way its very annoying

I know..it's a complete joke..releasing a DX10 card back two months ago without a dx10 driver..
    Bet the ATI fanboi's are laughing now..:D
    Their card mightn't be released yet but ATI's DX9 drivers are WHQL certified for Vista and their DX10 driver's will be out the same day as their DX10 card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement