Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset for landline phone

Options
  • 13-12-2006 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

My mam needs to get a headset for her landline phone an injury means she can't hold the phone up to her head for long.

She has a normal eircom landline, no VOIP (yet - will look into this for her soon), and just normal landline phones, though one is wireless.

Is there a phone we can get her that will be compatible with this setup that can be used with a headset?

Please move if this is not the right forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Harvey Norman's have a lot of different phones & accessories, might be able to help you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Frank

Looking for exactly this- a corded phone with headset must have headset socket and its seems it is very difficult to find a good solution.

I bought a BT Converse 1200 with BT Accord 20 headset from viking direct but had to return the whole lot as headset was buzzing. They even sent me a second phone to try but then the guy on helpline said the headset was not great anyway!!! Also the comverse wouldnt display callerid and ring it was one or the other!!!

I need this for a home office, the good thing about the comverse was it had a headset button that meant you didnt have to lift the handset off the phone which is what I need.

So if if have any success let me know and I will also keep posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Frank,

Would a speakerphone be an easier alternative? We use our landline phone on speaker all the time. It's an eircom DECT cordless one. I have used headset-phone combis at work before and they're expensive pieces of kit...

Dools

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

hi guys, I bought one of these recently from Homebase in santry. It is a wall phone supplied with a headset ( i headphone & a mic) similar to what you would see a telephonist use. It works fine, has caller id etc. it is a City Bell cs 290ID. I bougt it earlier this year for approx. €15

Advertisement