Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAterproof Jacket (100%) for medium to long MTB spins

Options
  • 13-12-2006 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Probabaly been asked before but I'm not to happy with my current waterproof jacket which only remains dry for an hour or so! I am looking for for advice on a good mtbing water proof jacket that will keep me dry for up to 3 hrs on the bike in wet conditions! any help / web links recommended! (advice on gear you've 'got' would be greatly appreciated) :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

If dryness is key, look at the equipment for other sports(mountaineering etc).

Then breathability of the material will become an issue.

If you do'nt let it in, neither can it get out.

if you are getting an hour currently, realistically that is not bad.

But the good equipment can cost a lot. But it may be worth it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Even with the fanciest, most breathable jacket around you won't stay dry on the bike (unless you're taking it really easy) due to sweating. You should just try to stay warm and comfortable. Wear a couple (or more) of wicking base layers (I've found Patagonia ones to be good) and a jacket over the top (doesn't have to be 100% waterproof but it'll keep the wind off). A good pair of gloves and a cap are essential too - warm hands and head will go a long way to keeping you happy. A Buff for you neck will stop cold drafts on icy days.

Advertisement