Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB down Dublin 9

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Putting it simply, some dopey bollox in the UPC routing department has misconfigured their routers .

Oh LOOK

They fixed it :eek:

11 23 ms 23 ms 23 ms fr-par03a-rd1-10ge-6-0.aorta.net [213.46.163.89]

12 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms fr-par02a-rd1-10ge-4-0.aorta.net [213.46.163.81]

13 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms uk-lon-rc-01-ge-6-0.chellonetwork.com [213.46.16
    0.213]
    14 58 ms 58 ms 58 ms nl-ams-rd-01-pos-1-0.chellonetwork.com [213.46.1
    60.14]
    15 58 ms 58 ms 59 ms 213.46.165.14.aorta.net [213.46.165.14]
    16 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms 089-101-162054.ntlworld.ie [89.101.162.54]

until the next piece of faffing .

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

Sponge Bob wrote:
    You can normally share a 3G card with one of these and avoid that shower in Clearwire altogether,

I'm probably going to get a trial on a Sonicwall version of that for work. The problem is that I need to bring the 3G card with me during the day, and a second one would cost more than I want to pay. So something cheap as failover would probably do.

Ntl is back for me in Lucan as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Back up in Clondalkin, D22.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

back up in west tallaght after 28 hours but speed down to 4 meg from 6 before the outage

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

Ditto back in D18 but rate is down to 2mb instead of 3mb...

I was consistently getting 3mb from
    http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php

What a brutal mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Back up in D 22. Seems to be fine. have no idea when it came back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Oh LOOK

They fixed it :eek:

11 23 ms 23 ms 23 ms fr-par03a-rd1-10ge-6-0.aorta.net [213.46.163.89]

12 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms fr-par02a-rd1-10ge-4-0.aorta.net [213.46.163.81]

13 27 ms 27 ms 27 ms uk-lon-rc-01-ge-6-0.chellonetwork.com [213.46.16
    0.213]
    14 58 ms 58 ms 58 ms nl-ams-rd-01-pos-1-0.chellonetwork.com [213.46.1
    60.14]
    15 58 ms 58 ms 59 ms 213.46.165.14.aorta.net [213.46.165.14]
    16 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms 089-101-162054.ntlworld.ie [89.101.162.54]

until the next piece of faffing .

Oh look no they didn't (in D11)

Tracing route to sip.blueface.ie [213.168.225.133]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 1 ms 5 ms 5 ms hippo.blueface.ie [213.168.225.133]
    3 24 ms 17 ms 17 ms 10.92.64.1
    4 13 ms 17 ms 17 ms 089-101-162109.ntlworld.ie [89.101.xxx.xxx]
    5 24 ms 17 ms 18 ms dbln-t2core-b-ge-2-2-0-0.aorta.net [213.46.165.1
    7]
    6 43 ms 47 ms 53 ms nl-ams-rc-01-pos-0-1.chellonetwork.com [213.46.1
    60.13]
    7 47 ms 47 ms 47 ms nl-ams09a-ri1-ge-5-0.aorta.net [213.46.183.81]
    8 59 ms 47 ms 47 ms GigabitEthernet3-2.core2.ams1.level3.net [195.69
    .144.110]
    9 66 ms 43 ms 107 ms ae-0-54.mp2.Amsterdam1.Level3.net [4.68.120.98]

10 40 ms 41 ms 41 ms ae-1-0.bbr1.London1.Level3.net [212.187.128.58]

11 66 ms 47 ms 53 ms so-2-0.hsa1.Dublin1.Level3.net [4.68.128.114]
    12 54 ms 53 ms 53 ms so-6-0.hsa2.Dublin1.Level3.net [4.68.115.26]
    13 66 ms 65 ms 71 ms 213.242.106.146
    14 70 ms 65 ms 71 ms hippo.blueface.ie [213.168.225.133]

Trace complete.

....still through the dam and london.

And my wife was on to them today (took over 2hrs) as the refuse to speak to me.....she is named as the bill payer. They told her she had to send a letter to add me, then she asked could she email, they gave her the support email which happens to be bouncing back all mail.

Funny thing is I placed the order for the broadband and they would talk to me then.....time for a solicitors letter so, on her behalf to get a refund on our bb and get it disconnected!

Why oh why did I leave eircon???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

lafors wrote:
    Oh look no they didn't (in D11)

Tracing route to sip.blueface.ie [213.168.225.133]

Why oh why did I leave eircon???

Cost of tv is going up too:rolleyes:

With C4 now available on Sky and the bb being in such a mess at the moment surely not the best time to be putting up costs. I wonder how long it will be before they put up their bb charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

UPC are one shower of cheeky bastards, I can see their strategy now buy up the Irleand's two cable companys, provide crap customer service, screw up the broadband service by providing crap routing, if you sign up to the broadband max 6 meg service, you will be very lucky to get 4meg, cut off anyone who goes over slightly on they download allowence and provide not tool to monitor how much you have downloaded or uploaded.

And now increase the price of tv services and I'm sure down the line increase the cost of their broadband.

It makes the Snake's blood boil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Their television support is not much better- my parents were 6 weeks without cable - spending hours on the phone, waiting in the house for a technician to turn up on 3 seperate occasions.
    Eventually they asked me could i do anything , so i called the main office ( not the support numbers) and let rip......less than 2 hours later there was a technician looking at the problem. I feel bad for the poor girl who was answering the phone but it was the only way to get something done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Traumadoc wrote:
    ...so i called the main office ( not the support numbers) and let rip......less than 2 hours later there was a technician looking at the problem. I feel bad for the poor girl who was answering the phone but it was the only way to get something done.

See, this is what kills me. There's something seriously wrong if this the only way to get NTL to do anything? I'm going to give Digiweb a call and cancel my NTL account. Let's see if that brings them out of their bunker.

I feel the same, moving house soon so gonna ditch NTL

• Registered Users Posts: 37 eoinmadden

It was very patchy for me last week in D4.
    Today the download speed is good but I've no upload. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

D4 - up and down like a yo-yo for the last week, routing problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm in D8, i've had NTL broadband six months and never had any problems with it other than the two outages last week, and neither lasted more than a few hours.

I do agree that their customer service is sh*te...my digital TV was off for over a week waiting for them to send an engineer out, I dread to think how many times I had to call them. Got a month of broadband and TV for free off them, but I think you shouldn't have to go apesh*t on the phone just to get your cable working again.

They also told me 'no way' was my area broadband enabled...when the engineer came out to fix my TV he said "Did you know you can get broadband on this, you have a great signal?" "No, I've asked a few times but the sales people say my area doesn't have broadband" "Nonsense, i've been involved in rolling it out in this area, I know a few apartments in this block have it!".

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

In D8 area, BB & Digital down for nearly 5 weeks now. 3 Callouts scheduled, no one showed up. Have called them in the region of 12 times that ive actually got through god knows how many that i havent.

Customer support is an absolute disgrace, i dont know what more i can do...... its beyond a joke at this stage, im just worn down. Supposed to be a guy calling out tomorrow to have a look, if he does not show up then i suppose ill try to cancel the service and look at another route. So frustrated.....

PS Just heard a load of people ringing into Joe Duffy Live Line this morning on Radio 1, huge ammount of upset people in the same tangle as i am..... how could UPC have ****ed up a decent service so badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

If everyone jumps ship from their broadband they might notice and fix things a bit... Or not.

I think we're ditching the digital and broadband, just going back to basic cable and a phone/internet package from BT. It's just ridiculous giving money to a company who don't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

On what basis did the competition authority let this deal go through. UPC are really mucking up.

Im also considering going back to basic analogue and getting dsl in the new year...

Is chello like this in other countries....

Col_Loki wrote:

PS Just heard a load of people ringing into Joe Duffy Live Line this morning on Radio 1, huge ammount of upset people in the same tangle as i am..... how could UPC have ****ed up a decent service so badly.

There were people on Newstalk giving out about the same problems last week too

Oh and what are the increased tv costs

There were people on Newstalk giving out about the same problems last week too

Oh and what are the increased tv costs

www.ntl.ie :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

b*stads...
    thats a pain considering i never use it - its effectively their line rental...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Hi all,

I have NTL in Dublin 24 and it has been down since Sunday. The modem syncs fine and the light then stays solid green whilst the ready light slowly blinks on and off for about 5 minutes then it tries to sync again.

I rang NTL customer service yesterday and they said the whole network is down, which I don't believe.

So, could people in Tallaght let me know whether your NTL broadband is up or down ? At least then I'll have something to get back to them with.

Thanks in advance,
    TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

TinCool wrote:
    Hi all,

I have NTL in Dublin 24 and it has been down since Sunday. The modem syncs fine and the light then stays solid green whilst the ready light slowly blinks on and off for about 5 minutes then it tries to sync again.

I rang NTL customer service yesterday and they said the whole network is down, which I don't believe.

So, could people in Tallaght let me know whether your NTL broadband is up or down ? At least then I'll have something to get back to them with.

Thanks in advance,
    TC.

Hi

I'm in Tallaght in the Old Bawn area and my internet is working ok, could be that you live in another part of Tallaght.

They should have recordings to let people know that they are aware of a problem in specific areas.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

nava wrote:
    Hi

I'm in Tallaght in the Old Bawn area and my internet is working ok, could be that you live in another part of Tallaght.

They should have recordings to let people know that they are aware of a problem in specific areas.

Regards

Thanks dude. Well I'm only a stones throw away in Kiltipper. Anyone else in Tallaght having problems or not ?

In West Tallaght has been up since the major outage was fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Awful speeds and pings here in lucan again. ARE THEY EVER GOING TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER???

They got an incredible pasting on the Joe Duffy show yesterday mostly focussed on the tv side of things but the bb got mentioned just at the end - and best (or worst) of all they refused to provide a spokesperson as they 'only communicate directly' with their customers!!

This of course brought many guffaws from Joe and participants - the show is available to listen to on the rte website - just click on the Monday show and I think the NTL bit starts about 10 minutes in. I don't believe any company has ever been so humiliated on the show over the years - they were made a complete laughing stock of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Sorry to hijack this thread. Anyone having problems with NTL email via Outlook 2003? Outlook keeps asking me for my password, if I click OK and select the box to remember my password it still asks me to enter it even though its there. It's been fine all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

It happens intermittently I think. I guess the NTL mail server times out and OL just puts it down to invalid username/password so it prompts you again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

NTL webmail isn't working either, its saying something about mail storage. There must be a problem with it at NTL's end.

Advertisement