Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer DVR 545HX

• 13-12-2006 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Perhaps you could give me some advice before I purchase a DVD HDD Recorder. I am leaning towards the Pioneer DVR 545HX at the moment.

I want to use the DVD Recorder with my Sky+ box for recording and archiving. It is my understanding that I need a recorder that uses Guide Plus in order to achieve this.

I also want the DVD recorder to to have a HDMI out and to upscale the video signals from the Sky+ box as well as from DVD discs being played. The reason for this is that I will be connecting to a Panasonic TH42-PH9 Plasma panel instead of a TV.

Is the Pioneer DVR 545HX the right choice or can anyone, advise a more suitable DVD HDD recorder?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Why would you need guideplus on your recorder if you are using sky plus. The pioneer is a great make, I have the 530 and using guideplus it works like sky plus but having both seems like overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mac128

Because I keep running out of space on the Sky+ box and I want to keep some of the stuff. So I figure if I know beforehand that I am going to want to keep something I can record it to the hard disk in the recorder and burn it on to DVD at a later date, maybe even edit it first.

Advertisement