Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

atv insurance

Options
  • 13-12-2006 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

hi im looking to insure my quad i tried fbd and quinn direct with no luck, anyone know where i might get insurance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I never knew quads were road legal.

Carole Nash may quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If it's not road legal ie has not got all required lights and a number plate nobody will insure you for use on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    If it's not road legal ie has not got all required lights and a number plate nobody will insure you for use on the road.

it has a number plate and all road legal lights

I never knew quads were road legal.

Carole Nash may quote.

tried carole nash they dont insure quads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I thought about this myself for a while. I've seen them being used in Germany quite allot on the roads.

The problem here is when people mention quads to the insurance companies they think of the agricultural ones and not the road going versions.

Yamaha do one called the Raptor and its pretty savage and completely road legal. It has the same engine as the Yamaha R6 in it, so its not for the faint hearted.

YFM700R_3_tcm46-103968.jpg

Does anyone know if they are classed as motorbikes or cars here ?

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote:
    I thought about this myself for a while. I've seen them being used in Germany quite allot on the roads.

The problem here is when people mention quads to the insurance companies they think of the agricultural ones and not the road going versions.

Yamaha do one called the Raptor and its pretty savage and completely road legal. It has the same engine as the Yamaha R6 in it, so its not for the faint hearted.

YFM700R_3_tcm46-103968.jpg

Does anyone know if they are classed as motorbikes or cars here ?

it is actually a farm quad i bought

if i got insurance from northern ireland would it cover me in the south?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I've seen one on Bray seat front its a blue Yamaha Raptor and has the reg plates on the back.

If you call planet fun

www.planetfun.org

The manager there has one he uses on the road but he could have trade insurance on that. give them a call and they might be able to help

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

pm. wrote:
    if i got insurance from northern ireland would it cover me in the south?

Not unless you lived up north and were down here temporarily on your quad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Its going to be hard to find fair priced insurance for a quad!

• Advertisement

DeBeere wrote:
    Its going to be hard to find fair priced insurance for a quad!

its hare to find insurance for a quad regardless of the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Fbd insure them but only on a farm policy i think. Mines insured on my uncles farm policy as an asset, not for road use.

Did you buy your quad in England? Didnt you post here before saying you bought your quad and already had it insured and all???

Nuttzy wrote:
    Fbd insure them but only on a farm policy i think. Mines insured on my uncles farm policy as an asset, not for road use.

Did you buy your quad in England? Didnt you post here before saying you bought your quad and already had it insured and all???

no i bought it in edenderry, and i never put a post up about insurance for a quad before. your right fbd do insure them under a farm policy

Advertisement