Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campaign Issues

Options
  • 13-12-2006 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey, with the exams underway and students looking for a bit of a break, what are the main campaign issues for the Students Union elections this year?

The candidates are clear, but what of the campaigns?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think it'll be interesting to see what the education people bring out now that there's such a cock and bull with just about everything-the on going mod&semester, August repeats, my engineering degree :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Let me guess....it will go something like this...

"Hi my name is _____ and I'm running for education officer. We've all been screwed over by the college this year and its time it stopped. I'm going to stand up for your rights. Its a disgrace that final years should be modularised at a time when they have enough pressure as it is.
    If you vote for me as education officer I promise to stand up for you. Vote ____ #1"

Same tripe they come out with every year.

Anyone wanna pm me who's running for education officer? Quite curious....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

TheVan wrote:
    Anyone wanna pm me who's running for education officer? Quite curious....

No real need to really, a rumour thread about sabbats 2007 started before November was out on newswire :mad: http://www.ucdsu.net/newswire.php?story_id=1345

Steph_ucd wrote:
    Hey, with the exams underway and students looking for a bit of a break, what are the main campaign issues for the Students Union elections this year?

The candidates are clear, but what of the campaigns?

Looking to fill a gap in a manifesto I see?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

Do people actually give a **** about the student union? How weird.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Maybe do something about this apparent exam seat issue? Might actually be an issue affecting the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

Good point. What I always disliked about the union was the long-term nature of some of their 'work'. Getting stuff done that actually made a differenc to my time in UCD might have made my view of them a bit better.

Advertisement