Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new board member

Options
  • 13-12-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

member of the board of THFC PLC that is.
    Sir Keith Mills has been appointed as non exec on the board.
    news on the spurs website.

but looks like a huge coup to get him in. presided over the successful olympic 2012 bid. looks like daniel levy is attempting to make spurs a bigger club than chelsea by 2014 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Has to have implications for talk of a new or improved stadium.

I'd prefer the improved option myself, can't see us filling more than 50k seats a week anyway, which is doable in the present location. None of the modern stadiums I've been in this season or last have any atmosphere, I'm visiting Eastlands on Sunday and expect that to be a bit limp as well.

I'd imagine Mills' connection to Olympics 2012 would preclude us having any claim to the Olympic Stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I'd prefer the improved option myself, can't see us filling more than 50k seats a week anyway, which is doable in the present location. None of the modern stadiums I've been in this season or last have any atmosphere, I'm visiting Eastlands on Sunday and expect that to be a bit limp as well.

Yeah, Man City is so open and hollow. Just another concrete bowl.

45/50k would be bang on for us. Rebuild the west stand with something like the big'un at Leeds in it's place. Problem Solved. This is the biggest issue the club has ever faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the infrastructure needs to be changed though.
    it needs a station and proper parking.

i think these are the biggest issues if there is to be expansion a tthe ground.

Advertisement