Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

chipping landrover

Options
  • 13-12-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi i drive a 01 landrover discovery 2.5td i find it slow at taking off and was thinking about chipping it, anybody else drive a similar jeep and did you get it chipped??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

I've something similar. As you, I find that the power to overcome the static friction of 2.5 tonnes and get it moving quickly isn't there. Once moving, I find it nippy enough though and it's quick for overtaking.
    I was tempted to get it chipped as it'll get another 30bhp and more torque. I know my insurance will take too big a hit for the benefit though. In fact, going up a couple of engine sizes would be cheaper to insure than admitting you modified the car. 20/20 hindsight and all that.
    The other option is not to tell the insurance company but that seems rather stupid to me.

Advertisement