Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birds nest in chimney

Options
  • 13-12-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

hi guys.as it says i have a nest in my chimley breast so whats the best course of action to remove.
    p.s i can get a lend of rods/brushes.
    ty.

Comments

Send a rocket up it!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Rods/brushes will clear it out alright - some bits may fall back down the chimney. Lots of soot will come down too so make sure you have the floor around the hearth covered - it can be a messy job. You can avoid a lot of the mess by gettin a sheet of timber slightly larger than fireplace and boring a hole in the middle of it and then pass the rods through the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

good idea thx.what about the birds when i start will they fly away cos i dont fancy them coming down into my sittingroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

whats a chimley?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

so sorry for mistake. CHIMNEY.......

• Advertisement

game4it70 wrote:
    good idea thx.what about the birds when i start will they fly away cos i dont fancy them coming down into my sittingroom.
    I don't think the birds will come down the chimney so your safe there. Have you seen birds visiting the nest? At this time of year there is a good chance that the nest is vacant. Most birds won't begin breeding til the spring. So best to remove it before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Block off the fireplace with some timber get a Bord na Mona firelog, get up on the chimney, check that its vacant, and light the firelog and drop it into the chimney. It will burn through most of the twigs etc as it falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Smiley101

Just get in a chimney sweep to do the work. They should do a clean job and will help avoid you from damaging your flue. Don't think they would be too expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

Pataman wrote:
    Block off the fireplace with some timber get a Bord na Mona firelog, get up on the chimney, check that its vacant, and light the firelog and drop it into the chimney. It will burn through most of the twigs etc as it falls.

Are you serious?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Pataman wrote:

LMFAO

Homer Simpson job

• Advertisement

LMFAO

Homer Simpson job

:D:D:D Brilliant!

Advertisement